Watercooling an Antec 1200 case

Associate
I'm looking at watercooling for the first time, and have a empty Antec 1200 case.
Although its an older, very large box, does anyone know if it's capable of mounting the required water cooling kit (particularly the radiator)?

Cheers

Andy

Soldato
From past experience the only way to make WC work in that case is rear mount the rad externally and have to feed tubing in.

That case is not WC friendly in the slightest.

Associate
^^ Thats a pretty cool build!

I had an RX360 in the front of an Antec 1200 some years back, replaced it with a Switch 810 as was more wc friendly. But it can be done, just depends how much effort you want to put in

Associate
If there's an rear 120mm vent, Koolance used to do a quick disconnectable mount that u can mount on the back to hang a Rad over. I had my EX-480 Rad on the back of a small Nvidia branded Coolermaster case! I think it was the Coolermaster CM 690 which is small compared to the 1200! One of those mounts with a chunky huge Rad, the biggest and longest you can fit is my recommendation!

Or get one of the rad's built specifically for external use would work too, they can come integrated with a pump and/or reservoir too. There's plenty of those from various manufacturers (Not Thermaltake, I repeat, NOT Thermaltake lol), such as AquaComputer.

Back
Top Bottom