Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
I'd quite like to see the first section in its original format without the first chicane, but IIRC they can't expand the run off there, hence the chicane. Would make for some awesome slip-stream passes, akin to Ricciardo's in 2014.

Return of gravel is positive, and at least the change isn't Tilke, but then again one chicane followed very quickly by another chicane is hardly the stuff of dreams.

Caporegime
The shortening of the run into the 2nd chicane will mean that will no longer be an overtaking spot.

But I assume the kink in turn 1 wont be flat, so you can make a move into the first chicane by being brave into that kink.

Caporegime
What the hell? Have a bunch of clowns taken over Autosport?

Currently the front page headlines include:

"Why its wrong to hate Piquet Jr" - Er.... He's a cheat!
"Maldonado deserves another chance in F1" - ...said nobody ever...
"F1 can be amazing with 2017 changes" - I assume nobody writing that article has read the changes?

Soldato
Claire Williams gets an OBE for "services to Formula 1"?! So basically for just doing her job and it's not even like she's been doing it that long.

Bet her flaming father lobbied for that. World's gone mad.

Man of Honour
At the start of the season it was struggling (at least by the team's own high standards). By round three it was on the podium. And by round five it was victorious. Here’s just some of the developments that have helped turn around the fortunes of Red Bull’s 2016 machine…

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...so-ran-to-race-winner--the-red-bull-rb12.html

Ferrari may be getting closer, but that’s not because Mercedes aren’t trying. Despite winning all bar one 2016 race to date, the reigning world champions show no sign of resting on their laurels, as illustrated by the latest developments seen on their car in Canada...

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...tech-insight---mercedes-montreal-updates.html

Last edited:
Caporegime
I saw an article a while back on Autosport about the FIAs inability to put a non conflicting calendar together.

A couple of weeks back was bad with F1 and Le Mans at the same time, but the FIA don't have full control over Le Mans so thats not entirely their fault.

But then this weekend we have had FIA WRC, FIA WRX, FIA F1 and FIA FE all on at the same time. Surely thats just stupid?

Back
Top Bottom