WRC

Soldato
I am thinking about attending the WRC event over in Wales but having never been to see rally I have some concerns.

I have just been to lydden hill to see world rallycross and there is so much action it's unbelieveable - but my major concern is with a WRC event that I will be standing probably in the middle of nowhere and will only see a few cars on the day?

Caporegime
There are usually several classes of cars running, some with dozens of entries. You'll see plenty of cars, don't worry. Some stages are repeated on the day so it may be worth doing some research and sitting close to a jump is always worthwhile.

The only thing with Rallying is there's a high chance of being cold, wet and not having a place to sit for hours. Bring a chair or one of those monopod seat things or something waterproof to sit on. Also a piece of advice. As tempting as it is, cars usually go off on the outside of the corners. This is by far the most dangerous place to stand.

LzR

LzR

Associate
You'll be surprised how many cars you'll see. With the main WRC cars, the junior WRC and support classes including historics, there's more than enough.

Forest rallying is great, you can't see the cars to begin with but you can certainly hear them coming, echoing through the trees. Get there early as the queues get bad and you'll miss the best spots too. As MissChief says something to sit on, a big umbrella, food, warm/dry clothing and boots.

The popular spectator points are crowded and controlled, we used to get there early and miss all of that and walk a few miles to wherever we fancied.

Dyfnant is a great place to go and they usually run it twice, check out the spectator information before the event and plan ahead.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom