when will we get bigger than 34" monitors?

Associate
I don't think he meant he can look at both simultaneously.... or at least I hope he didn't else we'll have to burn him at the stake for being a witch. Though you can easily fit both within the confines of your eyes without the need to move your head, definitely be a strain on the eyes mind. Remember, we have like 210 degrees of vision :p

Yup!... Obviously I'm not looking at both screens at the same time...

Associate
I love my 34" ultra-wide, mind even sitting with my eyes about 2' from the screen I reckon these could still get a smidge bigger and be plenty usable. 40" would be perfect in this aspect ratio for me. This is why I'm glad I bought a cheaper screen because I think these things will go mental in the next couple of years (curved, high res, bigger and faster refresh rates), I can be plenty happy with what I have for now.

Caporegime
I love my 34" ultra-wide, mind even sitting with my eyes about 2' from the screen I reckon these could still get a smidge bigger and be plenty usable. 40" would be perfect in this aspect ratio for me. This is why I'm glad I bought a cheaper screen because I think these things will go mental in the next couple of years (curved, high res, bigger and faster refresh rates), I can be plenty happy with what I have for now.

In the meantime, we'll greatly enjoy the here and now with a slight price premium ;) :D

Soldato
I can tell you that we will have a larger than 34" Desktop PC monitor in 2016

But, this is all i can tell you right now.................... other than it looks very very good

Presumably you MUST mean ultra-wide 1440p or greater? Because you can already get bigger than 34" 16:9 with the Philips 43" and Iiyama 40" monitors, and also the 35" ultra-wide VA models although they barely count given they're only 1080p.

Soldato
You better start saving your pennies guys........;)

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/35.htm#acer_xr382cqk

The XR382CQK is a whopping 37.5" in size, and is an ultra wide format. The aspect ratio is an unusual 2:4:1, with a 3840 x 1600 resolution. It's a curved IPS panel as well

It is also meant to support FreeSync
XR382CQK supports FreeSync for gaming but Acer did not specify further details.

Read more at http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1465389803#ockzj24lQuPg7ifg.99

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom