Doctor Who

Commissario
Question:
When he says things periodically reset, why doesn't the diamond like wall do the same?

My take on that is

The crystal/diamond stuff isn't part of the building structure, the same reason things like the skulls stay on the ground and in the water just outside, the building resets everything that was in it at it's design/construction/inception but not necessarily things added afterwards.
The Doctos is affected because he's in the "memory" of the transport chamber which was there when it was started, but the TARDIS is effectively sealed separately and possibly arrived after that time so is not included in the reset.
A bit like if you make a disc image of a computer then add a card, if you use the disc image to reset the computer it doesn't have the drivers/software for the card s that was added after

Soldato
My take on that is

The crystal/diamond stuff isn't part of the building structure, the same reason things like the skulls stay on the ground and in the water just outside, the building resets everything that was in it at it's design/construction/inception but not necessarily things added afterwards.
The Doctos is affected because he's in the "memory" of the transport chamber which was there when it was started, but the TARDIS is effectively sealed separately and possibly arrived after that time so is not included in the reset.
A bit like if you make a disc image of a computer then add a card, if you use the disc image to reset the computer it doesn't have the drivers/software for the card s that was added after

Makes sense... sort of lol ;)

So where is the TARDIS now?

Caporegime
Why do they always let it be known that certain characters are leaving the show? Surely it would be more surprising to keep that under wraps and just let a character death or whatever play out on screen. But nope, seems they have to broadcast it left right and centre, screw any surprises!

Man of Honour
Capaldi is fast becoming my favourite actor to play the Doctor.

My view on this episode:

The Doctor was transported inside his own confession dial by Me (who is indeed the hybrid). Bigger on the inside etc. The skulls were all the Doctor's skulls. He has not moved anywhere in space but has obviously lived several mission years. When the Doctor eventually escapes he is on Galifrey.

I'm not that clued up on Doctor Who history but in the episode where Galifrey was sent back to the time lock wasn't there something about a diamond being used to connect Galifrey to Earth? I suspect that the whole point of the Doctor being sent inside his confession dial was for him to break through the diamond and once again free Galifrey from the time lock. So it has been planned and engineered by the Time Lords.

But I have no idea what that circle with the arrows pointing to it was for.

Last edited:
Associate
Very good episode. Best I can remember really. Felt like a Nolan movie. Just hope next week's one keeps the high standard going. Worried it'll drag it back down to mediocrity again but this episode alone has made it all worth it for me.

Associate
Loved it. Like I said last page, Capaldi when given decent material is brilliant and that was it, just a pity the twist at the end was spoiled by the TV guide as if it were something that was revealed 2 minutes in.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Cant remember the last time on here an episode getting positive reviews all round. :eek:

Like everyone else I liked the episode, it just confirms what we all know from the start give Capaldi some decent material and you will not be disappointed :D

Back
Top Bottom