Budget case <£40

Associate
I've got a spare FX 6300 and other components that need a new home so I've decided I need a new budget case.

Only real requirements are no window (I've got a non-modular PSU), USB3.0, ATX and under £40.

Are the BitFenix cases worth a look?

Soldato
the bitfenix ones are ok for a cheepy case, they just done have any room behind the mobo for cable management, if you have no window and that doesnt bother you should be fine. I think also once the front 5.25 blanks are removed they cant be put back. these other to dont look as good but they have bit more cable mangement

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £82.60
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Associate
OP
Thanks. I like the look of the first one for the price. It's a shame the white one is OOS.

I also quite like the red/black BitFenix Neos.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks again.

I was just looking at the Aerocool Aero 500. What are those white things on the 5.25” drive bays? The windowed version I'm looking at also seems to come with an SD card reader. The one on OCUK doesn't seem to have one though. :confused:

Another option could be the ZALMAN Z3 Plus. I'm in no real rush.

Associate
OP
Ended up ordering a cheap Aerocool VS-1 for my spare ATX motherboard and other stuff.

I've also got a spare m-ATX motherboard so I'm going to also get an Aerocool QS240 for that. Looks a nice case for the price.

Back
Top Bottom