Best 2.1 / 5.1 PC speakers

Associate
Seasons Greetings All,

Looking to get some new PC speaker for my PC. I was originally going to get some Q Acoustics BT3 bookcase Speakers till i realized they aren't the best for up close listening. Now i just want some good PC ones.

What do people Highly recommend from there own experience or general consensus of Good Kit. Sound quality being number one above all else.

Thanks

P

Associate
Cant go wrong with Corsair SP2500 for the money, nice bi-amped monitors and enough sub to annoy people if required.
Under your budget to.

Soldato
Studio monitor speakers are the ideal choice for close listening, as that's what they are designed for. HiFi speakers generally perform better when given more space and volume, so they can fill the room with sound, with the listener sat further back.

Not everyone likes studio monitor speakers though for listening to music. Some people prefer HiFi speakers, even for close listening, because they find studio monitors lack excitement. Good ones are designed to be close to neutral, whereas HiFi speakers tend to have a more coloured sound. Some people prefer that, whereas some prefer the more neutral balance of studio monitor speakers.

One thing is certain, studio monitors will show up flaws in poor quality music. HiFi speakers are better at hiding those flaws.

The QA BT3's are good speakers, but are probably more of a multimedia speaker. They'd be an ideal choice for a kitchen or study, where you want music, but it isn't the focus of attention.

There are some decent studio monitors for around the £150 mark, such as Presonus Eris 4.5, M-Audio BX5 D2.

Tannoy Reveal 402 and JBL LSR305 are better again and are very good indeed, but both are a bit over your budget at around £230. Almost certainly worth spending the extra on though.

The problem when deciding whether to go for studio monitor speakers or HiFi speakers is, it's very hard to find somewhere you can go and demo monitors. Stores with HiFi speakers are much more common. With monitor speakers, you've got to buy them and send them back if don't like them.

Soldato
Seasons Greetings All,

Looking to get some new PC speaker for my PC. I was originally going to get some Q Acoustics BT3 bookcase Speakers till i realized they aren't the best for up close listening. Now i just want some good PC ones.

What do people Highly recommend from there own experience or general consensus of Good Kit. Sound quality being number one above all else.

Thanks

P

Then go second hand. I've bought £1000 speakers for £100, add a £100 stereo amp on top and sound & build quality will far surpass those 2.1 and 5.1 speakers. Plus generally subwoofers with budget PC systems are generally pretty awful.

Associate
OP
Logitech Z5500 5.1 amazing.

Hopefully, but they look like a dogs breakfast imho. Logitech really need to overhaul these in terms of design.

this is probably more of what i want though now. i think a good 5.1 system will be a better investment for when i get a new setup in the future. Thanks all for your comments and options :)

Soldato
No point asking about PC speaker on here lol, you'll always ALWAYS get told to buy an amp and proper speakers lol.

Only when people say they want the best quality...

Upto £150 then you are probably better off with corsair/logitech/creative or similar 2.1 setups for convenience etc.. but as soon as you want to step up, then amp/speakers/sub are obviously the logical progression of 2.1 with more quality...

Personally I was always very impressed with the corsair SP2500''s and had to spend over £500 to get something that sounded better all round (the corsair has a great sub element, so I needed to get a sub or lose a whole aspect of the music..)

Associate
Hi All
Happy new year in advance. Please suggest me a good sound system with Bluetooth/Wifi for classical music/songs from Mobile/Laptop/TV. Budget max-500 GBP.

Thanks
Harry

Back
Top Bottom