SENNHEISER Sale headphones - HALP!!

Associate
So looking for a really good pair of earphones specifically for bass!
At the moment I have SENNHEISER somewhat £40 headphones from 2 years ago.

I listen to DnB/Dub, pretty much all things electronic and bassey.

There's a sale on their website, and I dont know much about any headphones or whats good. Could you lovely people recommend what I should be looking into, Willing to spend upto £130 if justified.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/outlet?utm_source=google&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Promo Outlet UK

Thanks

Soldato
When you say earphones, do you actually mean earphones, i.e. the ones that go in your ear?

I ask because sometimes people say headphones when they mean earphones and vice versa.

Man of Honour
Regarding the Momentums- Sennheiser have done a bit of a trick with them that closest I can describe is they are trying to psychoacoustically reproduce the effect of loud speaker bass which when it works is great but comes at the expense of mid-range articulation at times.

Soldato
What stores would even have that many headphones to try out first lol

Not many I'd imagine, but you might find these at some electrical stores, as they are quite popular. It's finding the less popular headphones to try first that can be nigh on impossible.

I'd do some reading up on the ones mentioned. Have a look at user reviews and opinions on Head Fi for each.

Soldato
Hmm, perhaps best for OP to look at other brands then. The two best choices for bass on Sennheiser's sale page, don't seem like overwhelmigly good choices. :p

I'll mention the Sony MDR 1A again. Rids57 really enjoys his when he's after something a bit more fun and bassy than his other headphones.

V Moda Crossfade LP2 also look like a good choice, and going by what I've read, might be the ideal choice for bass heavy music. £15 over budget isn't that much over, and it's always better to stretch that little extra if it's going to get something really worth having.

Associate
OP
Hmm, perhaps best for OP to look at other brands then. The two best choices for bass on Sennheiser's sale page, don't seem like overwhelmigly good choices. :p

I'll mention the Sony MDR 1A again. Rids57 really enjoys his when he's after something a bit more fun and bassy than his other headphones.

V Moda Crossfade LP2 also look like a good choice, and going by what I've read, might be the ideal choice for bass heavy music. £15 over budget isn't that much over, and it's always better to stretch that little extra if it's going to get something really worth having.

V moda look really nice, will review more into it !

Associate

My mate has mdr1a, cant go wrong they're good!, i've got Crossfade LPs now they single handedly have got me into old school rap and trap just because they have extremely fun bass. (not to mention the warrenty if you DO love them is good, and they're covered for 6' drops.)

Mei

Mei

Soldato
you should decide if you want open or closed headphones
there's a big difference to the sound but also where you can use them

Back
Top Bottom