^ Armored Warfare ^

Associate
AW is pretty dam good definitely worth trying, for me the sweet spot sits at PVP tiers 5-7 & this week they are introducing tier 10 vehicles & scrapping that dam SIMM at last :)

Soldato
Had a cracking match last night, playing with a friend - He wanted to drive his Palmaria, tier 6 arty, so I brought my newly obtained T72 Ural, tier 5.

Thankfully it was "only" PVE, but the matchmaker put us in a match with some tier 7's, meaning we were facing enemy tier 9 MBT's :eek: :eek:!

Yeah, trying to get through the armour of an M1A2 Abrams with not even fully upgraded tier 5 ammo.... went about as well as expected :p

Soldato
Also worth pointing out that Armored Warfare is featured in the Humble Bundle E3 Digital Ticket this year.

You get:

The Chieftain Mk. 6 Main Battle Tank
30 days of premium time
2500 Gold

A total bargain as you can pay what you want (although I do try and get the top tier just so a bit more money goes to charity), plus a bunch of other stuff for other games, just a shame you can only use one code! lol

Soldato
I know not many of you lot are playing AW.... but I just had a most glorious match in my Warrior tonight:

DDgbien.png

I don't think I've seen anyone else get damage points like that, with anything! :D

Soldato
I know not many of you lot are playing AW.... but I just had a most glorious match in my Warrior tonight:

DDgbien.png

I don't think I've seen anyone else get damage points like that, with anything! :D

That is glorious haha!! Im sitting in a chally 1 at the moment and tending to rip ahead of everyone else simply because of how much more aggressive i can play due to the insane Armour capability's of our challengers.

Not seen anything like that before though!

Soldato
How come I've not stumbled across this game before :confused:

Installing as I type to compare it to WoT.

Welcome :)

What's your in-game name and I'll add you to friends if you like? I've some dirty big tier tanks, but I don't mind a few low tier games now and again, and low level progress is pretty fast too.

Associate
I'm also downloading, played quite a bit of WOT and always wondered what modern machines would be like in this type of game. I'm trying to mentally prepare for the tragic stage 5-7 grind again, who knows if I'll make it that far.

jg_tank

Associate
Just had a quick go and now upgrading to the HD client version.

The SD seemed a little too grainy for my liking.

My in-game name is WaveKnight in case anyone wants to 'Toon up.

Certainly feels a little alien at present, but I'm sure that will soon pass. Not looking forward to the grind, but did read somewhere it's a quicker one than WoT.

Cheers

Soldato
Through my searching i have found that alienware still have a starter pack promo going on here i have just done it myself signed up to their site confirmed my email then got a code that gave me an extra 7 days premium time and a T3 premium POS tank :D. Might be of use to you chaps who are new to the game.

Anyone who received a starter pack code on the previous giveaways won't be able to redeem a second code.

Soldato
Grinding in AW really does not seem to bad to me personally i am already sitting in a Tier 7 and that at current rate i think will take a week or two to get into a T8 i don't think thats to bad at all.

The difference between AW and WOT is that if you play well, but the battle is lost, it doesn't penalize you like WOT does.

Soldato
I'm trying to mentally prepare for the tragic stage 5-7 grind again, who knows if I'll make it that far.
jg_tank

My in-game name is WaveKnight in case anyone wants to 'Toon up.

Added you both, but was quite late so you may only see it when you next login.

One thing worth mentioning is that it's well worth logging in via the client every day if you can, even if you don't play a match, as there's a daily reward system which rewards you on consecutive day 6 with a days premium and day 7 with 50 gold premium currency. The premium time is a 'ticket' which you can activate anytime, which is nice.

The other preceding rewards are useful at tiers 1 and 2, but quickly drop off given the rising cost of vehicles, but its better than nothing. :)

I've not played WoT, but I have done quite a bit of WoWS, and got basically stuck at tier 6 feeling like I'm getting nowhere. Tier 6 isn't much of an obstacle in AW, and even less so if you play a bit during some of the big rep gain events they run fairly often.

Soldato
How does WOT Penalize if the round is lost? I know on AW you get a considerable knock ( however i mainly play PVE not PVP at the moment ) So now sure how they contrast.

On WOT to be relative well off on a loss, with premium account, you have to do miracles. And still you might end up with 700xp and break even financially. Unlucky battle, you will receive 200-300xp, and probably go into the red by few tens of thousands.

A similar loss in AW, by playing good not pulling miracles, you will gain 3-4K xp, and few hundreds of thousands.
An unlucky average battle you might easily get 800xp and few tens of thousands, with good chance to make a profit also.

And if you apply some relative calcs of the amount of xp needed for modules and cash for new tanks, you will see AW is more generous on loses by a factor of 3.

Associate
Through my searching i have found that alienware still have a starter pack promo going on here i have just done it myself signed up to their site confirmed my email then got a code that gave me an extra 7 days premium time and a T3 premium POS tank :D. Might be of use to you chaps who are new to the game.

Anyone who received a starter pack code on the previous giveaways won't be able to redeem a second code.

Thanks for the link for the promo code, appreciate it.

Added you both, but was quite late so you may only see it when you next login.

Thanks for the add and the info about logging in daily.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom