Counter Strike GO Issue or not?

Soldato
Hey guys,

got my computer up and running with the new RAM and CPU. my issue is though when in CS GO im getting average frame rates for around 80-110. :confused:

my setting are not high and im running it on a DELL 17" monitor (will be upgrading down the line).

can someone please advise how to get optimal settings on this? or is it normal not to have colossal frame rates on this game?

cheers, RTJ

Soldato
OP
fx 8350 cpu
evga 650 g2 psu
evga gtx 760 gpu
16gm hyper fury z ram ddr3
120gb ssd
1tb hd
gigabyte mobo (not sure on model)

RTJ

Soldato
OP
hey guys,

sorry to regurgitate the info. but im a bit baffled with my GPU performance.

i have received today my new GPU i ordered - a R9 380X (sold my R9 290) and i know that the 290 is better performer. but my question is..

on CS today i put all the settings low and disabled a lot of features to see the FPS and was around 70-80 :( . then i decided to change them and uped a lot of them and now my fps is 100+ easy now? :S

how is that? i thought the higher the settings the LESS for FPS?

RTJ

hey guys,

sorry to regurgitate the info. but im a bit baffled with my GPU performance.

i have received today my new GPU i ordered - a R9 380X (sold my R9 290) and i know that the 290 is better performer. but my question is..

on CS today i put all the settings low and disabled a lot of features to see the FPS and was around 70-80 :( . then i decided to change them and uped a lot of them and now my fps is 100+ easy now? :S

how is that? i thought the higher the settings the LESS for FPS?

RTJ

The Source engine is very CPU dependant and the lower the settings are, the less it uses the GPU, hence when you push the graphics details up, it uses the GPU more, lessening the use of the CPU and raising the fps.

Back
Top Bottom