Overwatch

Soldato
It finally arrived from Amazon about half 8.

Still a few heroes I haven't tried out yet (3 of them support). Getting used to the maps and the abilities is gonna take a while. Was playing Roadhog for 1 game, totally forgot about the chain ability for most of it. Got a little easier to deal with people at range after that!

About halfway through level 7. Been '1 more game'-ing it for the last 2 hours. Finally decided to turn it off, left the game... then Bastion was on the main menu and decided I wanted to try him out!

Soldato
so much playability in this game its nuts...

struggling for 6 mins on a cap point.. changed to double winston with some guy and we raped them instantly..

his high jump ground pound is so OP :)

Soldato
Considering stopping playing until Blizzard update this with a decent tick rate. The amount of BS is frustrating to the point that it's not worth playing.

Last night I was getting direct hits on stationary players and not registering damage. In the same match an enemy Pharah knocked me with a direct rocket hit and it did 0 damage to me. gg.

I am not aware of any plans to change the tick rate, it was all discussed and dismissed in the beta.

Permabanned
Had some fun games with overclockers last night and into the morning :)

I really love this game its so playable and fun even if sometimes it can be annoying.

so much playability in this game its nuts...

struggling for 6 mins on a cap point.. changed to double winston with some guy and we raped them instantly..

his high jump ground pound is so OP :)

Winston my fave hero he is so useful for jumping pesky snipers as well as jumping healers and taking them out before anyone has a chance to react. And picking off stray heroes playing on their own. He also one of the best classes for countering reinhardt.

The only down side hes so big he gets countered quite easy by good reapers, mcrees and mei and tracer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried Winston... didn't really like him but it was only 1 game.

Just gave Luccio a go. Really needs a compact enough map or a strong objective defence but man he was good at holding ground. Got a decent killstreak going, fair amount of healing and probably not very good use of his ult ^^

Caporegime
I tried Winston... didn't really like him but it was only 1 game.

Just gave Luccio a go. Really needs a compact enough map or a strong objective defence but man he was good at holding ground. Got a decent killstreak going, fair amount of healing and probably not very good use of his ult ^^

He can be good in certain situations. Jumping over the tanks to take out the support for instance, and his ult is very powerful.

Mei easily counters him though

Soldato
As winston i tend to get raped by Genji if hes around. As for his ultimate it seems to do sweet FA anytime i use it aside from the nice knockbacks it offers. Personally i hardly use Winston's ultimate much prefer the leap/shield/tesla attacks.

Been having most success with Roadhog, Lucio and Junkrat. Desperately want to like Tolbjorn but just cant make any decent use of him.

Enjoying the game tho as a distraction to current RL stuff its a nice wind down.

/edit

I do find myself getting more triggered by rubbish teams tho, i die a little inside anytime i see the words "too many snipers" no support/no tank heros etc.

Caporegime
With Lucio's buffs, how exactly does it work?

Like the healing one. Do I need to be looking at people for it to heal them or can they be within a certain range of me (near me, but behind me for instance?)

Caporegime
As for Torbjörn, I've found him very useful on defense maps. A level 2 turret does good damage and his ult is great.

Also the ranged shots are pretty good for spamming in the general direction of enemies.

Soldato
As winston i tend to get raped by Genji if hes around. As for his ultimate it seems to do sweet FA anytime i use it aside from the nice knockbacks it offers. Personally i hardly use Winston's ultimate much prefer the leap/shield/tesla attacks.

I felt exactly the same as Winston for ages... but stick with it and once you get his playstyle working for you he's really effective...

I don't think his Ult is really meant to get a lot of kills - it's more an area denial type of thing, you knock them all about the place and they scatter to get away from you, meanwhile the cart / point they were on before is left open for your team... Or your team can gun them down as they frantically try to get out of the way of Winston

Soldato
With Lucio's buffs, how exactly does it work?

Like the healing one. Do I need to be looking at people for it to heal them or can they be within a certain range of me (near me, but behind me for instance?)

Both the speed boost and healing crossfade work automatically like an aura around you (30 meters). It will affect anyone near you even if you're not looking at them, such as someone standing behind you when you're looking in the other direction. It won't affect anyone who doesn't have line of sight to you or are too far away, such as someone standing behind a wall or Pharah high in the air.

Soldato
I felt exactly the same as Winston for ages... but stick with it and once you get his playstyle working for you he's really effective...

I don't think his Ult is really meant to get a lot of kills - it's more an area denial type of thing, you knock them all about the place and they scatter to get away from you, meanwhile the cart / point they were on before is left open for your team... Or your team can gun them down as they frantically try to get out of the way of Winston

Yeah I think that's what I'm not used to yet. His ult does no damage but massive knockback so you can never seem to kill anyone with it but it does tend to make people get the hell away from you. Seems more effective as a Defence hero than Tank tbh.

Soldato
Both the speed boost and healing crossfade work automatically like an aura around you (30 meters). It will affect anyone near you even if you're not looking at them, such as someone standing behind you when you're looking in the other direction. It won't affect anyone who doesn't have line of sight to you or are too far away, such as someone standing behind a wall or Pharah high in the air.

It also shows how many people are affected by the buiff in the middle of your screen.

The speed is obv handy for getting back from a wipe, or getting away from an ulti, also remember the E button amplifys the effects so an additional healing/speed buff.

One of my fave things with lucio is the alternate fire knockback, knocking enemies off the edge of a map is so satisfying :)

Back
Top Bottom