HELP - Alien Isolation

Soldato
Ok so I'm at about 10 hours into the game, hanging around the medical facility and up until now I've got by, by just hiding from the Alien. I'm at the point now were it's on my ass all the time and I can't seem to escape. Can anyone provide some tips for getting out of tight situation with the Alien? Once it's seen you is it possible to escape? I haven't experiemented a lot with the various tools available but when I have they all seem pretty ineffectual. The revolver in particular seems useless - I take it that it's for use on human/android enemies?

Really enjoying the game but I'm pretty stuck at the moment. Help?

Associate
The game eases off a bit after the medical area. As I remember I used distractions where possible and moved little and slowly towards the objective areas, using the flame thrower where needed if it was getting close.

Stick with it, great game and plot.

Soldato
Got to say the Alien is in a class of its own hunting you down, never come across a game like it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very nerve wracking at times.

The Alien runs from a fire attack, but will return to the spot, and if I remember rightly will track you if you are noisy fleeing from that spot.

Mick

Soldato
OP
Got to say the Alien is in a class of its own hunting you down, never come across a game like it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very nerve wracking at times.

The Alien runs from a fire attack, but will return to the spot, and if I remember rightly will track you if you are noisy fleeing from that spot.

Mick

Yeah I think if I could control my nerves a bit better it would be easier to escape instead of getting panicky or freezing with fear!

Soldato
The Medical bay was a terrifying ordeal but also a fanastic level in what was my fave game in decades.

My only advice would be take it slow, crawl everywhere and craft items that will distract the Alien! oh and always know the closest hiding place. DO NOT GIVE UP !!!

I don't normally enjoy watching people (online) play games but I would highly recommend Jingles playthrough of this, his knowledge of the films and humour make some episodes compulsive viewing.

Episode 1

Caporegime
Use your wrench to bang on walls and then leg it somewhere else. The alien will go to investigate. Also throw flares, use the noisemaker, use the control panels on the wall to activate speakers, etc. All will distract the beastie.

Soldato
If there was one game I could erase from my memory and play it again it would be Alien Isolation. I would like to replay it, but it wouldn't be the same.

I spent hours in the medical bay. It sticks so close to you at times.

Man of Honour
If there was one game I could erase from my memory and play it again it would be Alien Isolation. I would like to replay it, but it wouldn't be the same.

I spent hours in the medical bay. It sticks so close to you at times.

I'm with you on that , Alien Isolation is one of the best games I've played in the last 10 years in terms of aesthetics, audio, atmosphere and faithfulness to the source material. It was my personal choice for game of the year when it came out and like you I wish I could experience it all again. I pray for a good sequel that comprises all the things which made the original so good

Soldato
OP
Thanks all. Feeling a bit more motivated to move on now. Regarding the control panels - still haven't really got my head completely around them - often the benefit isn't obvious to me, are they a real asset?

Caporegime
The control panels are necessary for unlocking doors and disabling cameras but you can activate speakers which are supposed to distract the alien and people and the smoke will allow you to creep unnoticed.

Man of Honour
I think I know this part.. You weren't alone.. very hard iirc.. This is what I can remember but as it was a while back..

When the alien drops down take cover and wait for him to be in the opposite side of the main room where the door way is you need to go down..

Open the door with Morley's pass code(crouch) and sneak into corridor where there are some rooms either side.. Don't bother exploring any of the staff rooms on that level.. You can find out where you need to go if you must but the key is on the lower ground.. explore if you must but I'd move on...

Instead go straight to the end and down the stairs which bear left iirc.. as you go down stairs drop a flare. This will slow him down.. Then run down until you reach the end of the corridor.. turn into the door on the right at the end.. hide to take a re-con.. The Alien would have heard you run but he won't be able to get past the flare unless he moves in to the vents.. which he might do.. Don't bother with any other rooms.. just get to where you need to.

Make sure the coast is clear.. Get the item and hide again. If it's still clear then run again for the stairs you just came down.. The Alien maybe behind the flare you threw earlier so be warned. Which ever, dive into the room to the left before the stairs and hide (I think it check points here but not sure).. wait for him to pass and again drop a flare and run up the stairs where you come from and into main room. Head for the middle and hide again..

Once you are into the main area, I think it check points.

As the game progresses you get to know how to move past him easier..

Caporegime
There's an easier way to escape medical. When you have the item you need (is it a keycard?) from one of the small rooms, you don't go back up the way you came. You go a bit further to the north and you'll see a security door which you can unlock with newly found keycard and it plonks you right by reception again. (IIRC!)

Associate
If I remember correctly you can also open the vents on the floor and travel that way for part of the area you have to cover.

Great game, I can't imagine it in VR though! :eek:

Associate
Until you get the flamethrower (which you will only get after going through medical), you can only go mano a mano with the alien with explosives and the Molotov, but to get through that part of medical without resorting to using anything you have to manufacture (and that part is where the mighty jingles quit) is once the encounter with the alien has ended is to keep low and slow and avoid making any unnecessary noise until you get the keycard, but you won't have to backtrack through medical since as ic1male stated (and I actually found out myself) you can get straight back to medical reception through a keycard door in that area.

If you want to watch a full playthrough without the player freaking out, I'd suggest you watch the playthrough from jackfrags.

Back
Top Bottom