Best headphones around £130?

Soldato
DT770 gets a lot of praise and recommendation around here for very good reason.

What will you be using it for, and what will you powering it for? We can spec you headphones all day long but they could all be entirely useless without this info.

Associate
OP
DT770 gets a lot of praise and recommendation around here for very good reason.

What will you be using it for, and what will you powering it for? We can spec you headphones all day long but they could all be entirely useless without this info.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment I'm just using the onboard audio from my Gigabyte X99-Gaming 5P but could invest in an audio interface. Mostly using it for gaming, music, some recording/editing.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
You got 2 kinds open headphones (leak noise but sound generally better) or closed headphones (more isolated and dampen noise leakage)

Any Senn headphones from HD595 to 2nd hand HD600 or + or as said above HD595SE are all excellent open type headphones.

Otherwise the top closed headphone choices are DT770, Audio technica A900X, or AKG 550s.

I own the AKG 550, slightly better then my older A900s and much better noise isolation, however closed headphones can limit the openess of sound and open headphones will sound better but then so can everyone else hear them too !

Associate
The DT990's have had a recent price drop to £109 and I think are a great buy for that price.

They're not for everyone tho, they're very V-shaped and the treble can be very harsh (I really didn't mind the treble) but I think they sound excellent and the sub bass is outstanding for movies and games.

Only reason I sold mine was I had a pair of HP200's also and couldn't really warrant 2 pairs. The HP200's retail for double the price, however.

Back
Top Bottom