Only in Australia :D

Soldato
Yeah, I don't hate them. Actually have quite an admiration for the artistry that some are capable of and never usually just go out of my way to kill them.
There is a definite size limit that decides whether they're allowed on the premises though.

I'd probably have a nervous breakdown if confronted by some of those things from Aus and South America though..

Soldato
Never mind screaming like a woman, I would start a menstrual cycle if i was faced with one of them!

Seriously, i like to think i deal with fear quite well, stay quite calm with most things but damn, spiders shake the brown stuff clean out of me.

Associate
I usually use the glass / piece of paper method to remove spiders but damn, you'd need a fricking mixing bowl to trap some of them monsters... horrible things...

Soldato
Huntsmen spiders never bothered me it was the Redbacks that I had to watch. I grew up in a rural area and used to see loads of snakes and spiders but the rule was if you left them alone they would usually leave you alone.

On my year living in Perth I had to change a fuse in our fusebox which was on a pole in the street - one of the friendly locals said gday, do I need a hand and stuck his hand in the box just as I was telling him it had several red backs in it. You should have seen his face, he jumped a mile and said 'you could have bloody told me mate!' :D

I blasted a whole can of raid in there and the spiders were like trying to resist and attack until the bitter end.

Caporegime
I have absolutely no desire to go to Australia, ever. Not many places I would say that, but I don't want to die, and everything in Oz is lethal and ****ed off. I have no idea how anyone lives long enough to have kids out there.

Also I hate the sun. So....

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Huntsmen spiders never bothered me it was the Redbacks that I had to watch. I grew up in a rural area and used to see loads of snakes and spiders but the rule was if you left them alone they would usually leave you alone.

It's the funnel webs that are the real buggers.

Associate
I've just come back from 3 weeks in Aus. (Amazing place) I was told its not the big spiders you want to scared of - its the little ones, like the Red Backs.
But to be fair, if the spiders don't kill you, the snakes will. And f they don't kill you the Skarks will. Actually, pretty much everything will kill you over there haha. I was given a nugget of information. If you get bit by a poisonous spider or snake, get yourself to a hospital within 20 minutes or you're a gonner :-/

Man of Honour
I really hate spiders and used to be terrified of them (not so much now). But nowadays I have to extract spiders from the house because the kids don't like them. So I've had no option but to get used to them. However a few months ago a massive, harmless, house spider and I had a bit of a stand off. It was huge and every time I tried to get it into a container it ran at me deliberately... forcing me to retreat fast!

I have since been living in the garage because I'm too scared to go back in the house in case it's still there.

Back
Top Bottom