Clash of Clans

Associate
Apologies for not being terribly active in wars as of yet, gone to TH9 and currently grinding walls to lvl10 and upping my troops. Haven't added / upgraded any defensive weaponary other than the CC and AQ who's now at lvl9. I am around and do donate troops as and where I can :)

Clan name - .:JELLYBEAN:.

Last edited:
Underboss
Hi all

I'll post this here because its too long for the in game chat..

even though im a TH level 4, walls and defences are at max, and I got 482 gems at present, so close to a 3rd builder

im going to max out everything then soon as I upgrade to TH5, ill be ready for a 3rd builder and I should have a lot of loot ready, so that I can build everything up pretty quickly and roil onto TH 6, well, that's the idea anyway
sig for name

Soldato
Personally i think the game really takes off at th9 :D

Also, its best to just buy all 5 builders ;) When i was upgrading through the townhalls my builders never had a day off until it was maxed out :D

Associate
Yep
Some have all five, many just have 4, including me.
I spent my gems as you did so decided to buy 1 of the builders. Only 3 quid or so for the gems and was well worth it.

JB/Jon

fez

fez

Caporegime
So as far as I can tell the new update really is a game changer and I'm not sure many people are going to like whats changing.

Town hall must come inside

Your town hall now holds loot and won't give you a shield if it is destroyed. All shields are now based on simple % damage done to your whole base.

The map has got larger

Not sure how this will really affect base designs apart from at TH11 which need it to fit in the new defensive buildings.

League loot bonuses have "increased"

Basically you get about 10% more league bonus from a successful attack but only if you hit 70% destruction. I don't know about most of you but when attacking an equivalent base to my own 70% is a big ask. Less than that and you actually get less league bonus loot than before. Basically you will struggle to make league bonuses pay in any way as the higher you go the less likely you are to get 70% and the lower you go the less the league bonus actually is.

Shield Changes - very simplified version

You now are allowed to attack from behind a shield without losing your shield. Instead you will lose a portion of it for every attack. Lets say you get raided and get a 12 hour shield. You can then attack a few times before your shield is depleted but every time you attack you "spend" an increasing amount of your shield. First attack 3 hours, 2nd attack 4 hours etc. This means that you should be able to get in a couple of attacks for each shield you get if you are online again just after you are attacked.

One nice change is that looking for bases to raid doesn't have any impact on your shield anymore. You can look for bases to your hearts content without being exposed to attack (unless you have no shield of course).

Summary

This is a very very abridged summary of the changes but it covers the ones that affect most people rather than just people going to TH11. What is the result of them though? Basically as far as I can tell they are making it much harder to be a casual player and they are making it much harder to save loot.

Loot is likely to mover about a lot more and there is no really cheap way to farm anymore.

You can't sit behind a shield by leaving your TH outside to be sniped so expect to be attacked and attacked hard whenever you aren't under a shield.

Unless you are geming your barracks, spells and heroes the new shield changes are not going to be good for you in all likelihood. Even then I don't think it will be great.

A powerful army takes a few hours to cook and costs a lot of elixir. So you will get perhaps 2-3 attacks per loss to regain and improve your loot. The maths of the loot will look something like below:

Expenses
Amount of loot lost in a bad defence
Amount of loot spent rearming traps (should be less since they have reduced rearm costs)
Amount of loot training armies to attack

Income
Collectors
Raiding income
League bonus of successful attacks

Unless your 2-3 attacks per shield are very profitable and successful you could easily end up losing resources.

There will be a lot more bases in the matchmaking system because people can't sit behind a shield without taking a proper attack so there will be a lot less collector bases proportionally in the system.

I really hope that supercell have given this more thought than it appears they have but it looks like loot is going to be far more scarce in the grand scheme of things. You may get more per raid (probably not though if you are TH sniping and collector looting) but you will lose a lot more as well.

Back
Top Bottom