** ROCCAT - BACK IN DA HOUSE - COMPETITION **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

(Those who just want the competition skip to the bottom of this post ;) )

A while ago Roccat approached OcUK to be relisted, and because at OcUK we want to give our customers the best products; we first asked for some sample products to check that the quality had improved since last we had them listed. The first they showed us was the Suora:

Roccat SUORA - Frameless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Blue LED Backlit - Mechanical Brown Switches (ROC-12-202) @ £79.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Rocc...it-Mechanical-Brown-Switches-R-KB-04C-RC.html

Roccat are back with a grown up and stylish keyboard. The SUORA is great for part-time or hardcore gamers and looks brilliant with ROCCAT Blue LED backlighting.

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

The product impressed us at first simply because it looked like a grown ups keyboard. With some of Roccats older products they looked too "Gamer", but when I saw the Suora it was already a sign that Roccat are moving in the right direction. The Roccat blue LED lighting is cool and the shape and form is reminiscent of more expensive keyboards. I used this alongside my Apex M500 for about a month and while there was a difference in quality, the price point of the Suora is lower and so I have to call it a draw.

The next one we had was the Nyth:

ROCCAT Nyth Modular MMO 1200 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse - Black (INT-ROC-11-900) @ £89.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ROCC...ing-Mouse-Black-INT-ROC-11-900-KB-04E-RC.html

The Roccat Nyth is a highly customisable MMO mouse with tons of features and support to make sure you are never scrambling around to hit your rotations and letting your party down

Only £89.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

One of my colleagues tried out this mouse and was smitten with it. He immediately approached me within about half an hour of having it at his desk and asking me how much he could buy it for. He was that impressed with it.

Similarly I used a Kone XTD at work and took it home that night. The mouse wheel issues that plagued Roccat before have now disappeared. The mouse wheel is so over engineered I think that after a nuclear winter all that would be left on the face of the earth are thousands of Roccat mouse wheels:

ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customisation 8200DPI Pro Aim R3 Laser Sensor PC Gaming Mouse. @ £69.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ROCC...-Laser-Sensor-PC-Gaming-Mouse.-KB-04D-RC.html

The Roccat XTD Kone is a highly customisable gaming mouse with tons of personalisation and customisation options. For hardcore gamers Roccat have made a mouse with performance and style.

Only £69.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

With the price points of the two mice above not being quite "entry level" I asked to look at a mouse with a lower price point, the best they showed us was the Kiro:

ROCCAT Kiro Modular Ambidextrous 4000DPI Optical Gaming Mouse @ £39.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ROCC...s-4000DPI-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-KB-04B-RC.html

Meet the Kiro - the bigger brother of the Lua. With its highly modular - super dextrous build - the game has been changed for ambidextrous mice

Only £39.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

A colleague of mine took it away for a couple of days and tried out different combinations of it's modular build to try and find a combination that suited him. Although in the end he couldn't find a comfy grip for himself he said the mouse performed really well and if he had thinner hands it probably would have suited him.

At this point I had already decided that we were going to re-list Roccat and so asked for a headset and a couple of gaming surfaces to list (because we all know there are tech heads out there who like the collar to match the cuffs). I use a pair of QPAD QH-1339's which rank amongst some of the best headphones I've ever used, and so I sometimes find it difficult to objectively appreciate cheaper sets. The Kave's though are built really solidly and perform well for the price. They also look really nice and I like how the LED on the mic boom lit up my face. I can see late night skype conversations with the bedroom light off or streaming in a darker room it would be really useful. The gaming surfaces are what most gaming surfaces are but I have listed a few sizes so that people have a choice to fit their desks:

ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Analogue Premium Surround Sound Gaming Headset @ £89.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ROCC...-Surround-Sound-Gaming-Headset-SP-013-RC.html

The Kave XTD 5.1 Analogue – the successor to the most successful real 5.1 surround sound gaming headset ever

Only £89.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Roccat Kanga Choice Cloth Gaming Mouse Mat, Black @ £7.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Roccat-Kanga-Choice-Cloth-Gaming-Mouse-Mat-Black-GS-018-RC.html

Experience the greatest ally to your favourite mouse - with Kanga’s wear-tested cloth build - put through its paces by ROCCAT’s expert design team on over 80 gaming mice

Only £7.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Roccat Taito Gaming Mouse Pad @ £14.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Roccat-Taito-Gaming-Mouse-Pad-GS-002-RC.html

The new Roccat Taito is a symbiosis combining the latest technology optimized for the needs of the modern gamer, with the most possible level of comfort.

Only £14.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

ROCCAT Taito King-Size Shiny Black Gaming Mousepad 5mm (INT-ROC-TAITO-KING-5MM) @ £21.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ROCC...pad-5mm-INT-ROC-TAITO-KING-5MM-GS-017-RC.html

The ROCCAT Taito Shiny Black Gaming Mousepad features a unique, heat-blasted Nano Matrix surface that delivers maximum gliding speed in all directions

Only £21.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

COMPETITION

To start the Roccat re-entry with a bang I wanted to run a giveaway, I have 1 x Roccat Suora Keyboard, 1 x Roccat Kiro, 1 x Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Gaming Headset and some Roccat merch. The prize breakdown will be as follows:

1st Place: Roccat Suora Keyboard and Roccat Kiro Mouse
2nd Place: Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Gaming headset
3rd Place: Roccat merch including baseball cap, USB desk fan, lanyard and t-shirt.

To enter all you have to do is post a picture of a rock or a cat to this thread (gettit... rock or cat - roccat..... groan). My favourite entry will win and I will ask the winners to contact me via trust for their details to arrange delivery. Entrants please be mindful that the prizes are ex-samples and so will have been opened, but other than that are in new condition. I'll announce the winners on the 8th August 2016. Competition only open to UK residents.

GLHF - I'll start the ball rolling:

enhanced-26552-1396642701-1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, if it wasn't for the fact I won the Corsair Scimitar comp months ago and recently got a K70, I'd give this ago.

Pretty sure a fat guy dressed as a cat re-enacting the scene from Lion King where adult Simba roars at the end ironically ontop of a giant rock would do quite well.

I've given someone a great idea here seize the opportunity.

Associate
I've had the joy of using the Nyth for the past couple of months now. I've got to say it's probably my second favourite mouse when it comes to comfort and my all-time favourite when it comes to features and performance. The modular buttons are stupidly easy to use and change and you effectively have a total of 24 functions available from just your right thumb. It's got a little button next to the scroll wheel called easyshift which essentially opens a second bank of assignable buttons. You can assigned your own macros, which are the easiest to make on the swarm software out of any I've used before. and it has tons of popular games listed and quick functions for each one. Pretty handy stuff. It's a fairly wide mouse so bigger hands are much better supported and doesn't leave the ring and little finger dragging behind (giggidy) and has swappable right side panels that offer even more hand support. The scroll wheel has brilliant grip and isn't too loose (giggidy) or too clunky to the point where you feel like you need to literally throw the wheel for it to go anywhere. 9/10

Associate
All of the pets apart from black cat that looks Brassed off (, it always seems to bet that way ,god knows why. :)
) have died recently.
Sorry about the size of the pic's i have not used photo software for about 12 years.

3 Pussys
pVS5tfZ.jpg

Confused Pussy
KrTpPj0.jpg

Edit for swear ;)

Edit to make sense!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom