Dark Souls 3?

Caporegime
Dodging > Shield all day long. The damage mitigation from armour isn't anywhere near enough to warrant the lack of manoeuvrability imo.

Get the ring that increases the invincibility window for rolling helps as well.

I don't think I used a shield at any point in the game tbh.

Soldato
Care to expand on that?

Leveling up can certainly help but it's not going to turn a hard boss into an easy one. If a boss can one-shot you then it's worth leveling up, if you can survive 4-5 hits then leveling is unlikely to buy you much more and you would be better to spend the time learning the moveset.

If that doesn't help then maybe use summons to get some help. No shame in it, better to enjoy the game than give up entirely :) You won't get quite the same sense of achievement but the souls' games are pretty tough and summoning will make a big difference if you're really struggling. If you do summon then try to repay the favour at some point.

Soldato
Learn their patterns. Know when to attack and when not to. Heal when you can. Move around. Roll. Sometimes you'll die a lot but you will always learn a little bit more along the way. When you take them down the feeling is like nothing else. Doesn't matter what level you are anything can still mess you up.

Caporegime
The reason i asked is because i was watching a gameinformer stream and dan said " you could easily out farm a boss with a couple of hours farming"

It does help, but it won't make a hard boss easy.

The only way to make these bosses easier is to not get hit, and to attack at the right time. Which means learning their move sets and timing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nameless king what w T@at :( just can not beat it, tried 3/4 attempts with two others helping and i still die in a couple hits, hardest boss in the game by far.

Caporegime
Nameless king what w T@at :( just can not beat it, tried 3/4 attempts with two others helping and i still die in a couple hits, hardest boss in the game by far.

First stage get underneath the dragon ASAP, target the neck. I found the Halberd best for doing this, up and attack means you attack overhead. Be wary of it's AOE attack, it's normally fairly telegraphed so do a runner.

Second stage, keep your distance, time your dodges when he uses his ranged attack, dodge into the first and immediately sideways for the second (no idea what to call it, when he fires the cloud thing at you) - he will eventually jump at you (preferably, as it's easily avoidable and is slow to recover) when he does dodge and get a few hits off. Rinse and repeat. Also, he's slow enough moving towards you to use your own thrown attacks so load up on firebombs and throwing knives.

He is indeed a PITA, and it's a bit cheesy doing it this way but that's how I beat him.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought DS1 again so I can play through it on XB1 BC (I never completed it on the PS3). Bought DSII on PS4 on Saturday and after I've put myself through all that pain I will buy this. It'll take me a while I think but I'm looking forward to it.

Soldato
First stage get underneath the dragon ASAP, target the neck. I found the Halberd best for doing this, up and attack means you attack overhead. Be wary of it's AOE attack, it's normally fairly telegraphed so do a runner.

Second stage, keep your distance, time your dodges when he uses his ranged attack, dodge into the first and immediately sideways for the second (no idea what to call it, when he fires the cloud thing at you) - he will eventually jump at you (preferably, as it's easily avoidable and is slow to recover) when he does dodge and get a few hits off. Rinse and repeat. Also, he's slow enough moving towards you to use your own thrown attacks so load up on firebombs and throwing knives.

He is indeed a PITA, and it's a bit cheesy doing it this way but that's how I beat him.

You make it sound easy, I will beat it, just need to keep trying but i have 40 plus embers to use up.

Soldato
Oh I appreciate it's far from easy, he kicked my rear for a good 2 hours before I beat him :(

Done :D

Left him till after the last boss, took over 30mins just to get so good summons as it constantly gives me unable to summons messages.

But found two good one's and we beat the sod.

only got a crap ending, so have started a NG+ to try and get all the rings next, so far I've done upto the undead settlement.

Back
Top Bottom