AIO's Why they should only be considered a short term product.

Soldato
Well he's hit the nail on the head by suggesting he only sees the bad side of the coin, as no one brings in working products to be fixed. Sums it up perfectly, and he's in no position to pass judgement and malign AIOs as a whole by saying they have a massive drawback in respect to lifespan. A friend of mine is an oncologist... it would be like him saying everyone will get cancer, by virtue of the fact such inflicted people are the only ones he encounters. Ridiculous. What seems worse is that he's only basing this off a few examples recently, hardly hundreds of units over the past few months or so, which would make for a far more convincing argument. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well I've had an AIO running in a system for over 2 years and temps are as good as they were the day I installed it. I also don't see many people on here (or anywhere really) complaining about an AIO after long term use. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I just don't encounter that very often, when what you say would suggest we should have an epidemic of furious AIO users reading the riot act all over the web.

Most people who buy AIOs have no interest in maintaining a custom loop set-up, never-mind installing one in the first place. Whatever anyone says, it's significantly more complex (and expensive) going that route vs the simplicity of an AIO. I also can't avoid the obvious "well you would say that" being a Mayhems rep lol. ;)

Same and I couldn't have said it better.

I really don't see the point to this thread and if my AIO does fail Corsair have an excellent warranty system in place.

Soldato
Do point out the contradiction between a personal opinion and an observation :)

Both are there by your choice.

One mocks defence of purchases, the other defends your own.

You chose to post in defence of custom parts at the same time as displaying in your signature your D5 and top for sale ;)

Soldato
Both are there by your choice.

One mocks defence of purchases, the other defends your own.

You chose to post in defence of custom parts at the same time as displaying in your signature your D5 and top for sale ;)

check again the link lol those parts are sold ages ago, I was merely too lazy to change my sig when there's nothing else to change to

Besides, how was that a defense when I was merely stating an observation of the parts available in the second hand market ;)

Associate
That was an epic spat. Customer relations is not Mayhems strong point.

Indeed not a PR course would not go amiss, he seems to shoot himself in the foot quite often, perhaps he should let the senior business partner do the publicity.

Still it's all harmless fun, and my Hamster will only drink DI water, it just falls off it's wheel when given when given the H20 stuff :)

Associate
All I have to say is that the first H50 cooler Corsair came out with (I think that was the model number) lasted me over 5 years and then only got rid of it because I upgraded my computer and treated my shiny new CPU to the H115i.

These days the only thing I trust is my experience, it feels like everything from politics, social media and retail I'm being lied to, not that I'm being so rude to insult the OP but like most things it has it's foot in truth and the other in some murky water.

Associate
All I have to say is that the first H50 cooler Corsair came out with (I think that was the model number) lasted me over 5 years and then only got rid of it because I upgraded my computer and treated my shiny new CPU to the H115i.

These days the only thing I trust is my experience, it feels like everything from politics, social media and retail I'm being lied to, not that I'm being so rude to insult the OP but like most things it has it's foot in truth and the other in some murky water.

Yes think it was about 2009 I got the Corsair one, oddly it's still running in a friends PC, but it must be nearing it's end now :)

Back
Top Bottom