Has anybody had any problems with Mayhems X1?

Soldato
It's EK ZMT (Zero Maintenance Tubing) which is, if I remember correctly, and equivalent or possibly a rebranding of Tygon Norprene (I'm speculating but they do mention it by name in their press release).

Soldato
From my understanding, X1 should work with nearly anything as it doesn't contain ethylene glycol. The problem is Mayhems' XT1 concentrate which does and hence is not compatible with some tubing - those that contain PVC.
ZMT would work happily with either as it is tolerant of ethylene glycol. Various types of Tygon tubing should also work - the clear E3603 is the usual but there is a black R-something mentioned in this thread and also the Norprene that is similar to ZMT. Not forgetting, of course, Mayhems own tubing. All depends on the look you want and what you can get your hands on.

Associate
Just on a side note, i received this tubing earlier in the week, i've tried it on the Monsoon fittings i have (bare in mind they are 16/10mm fittings) the tube i ordered fits perfectly over the fittings, i'll shall start the process of taking my loop apart and see what 2 years of using the same X1 fluid has done to my system. As i'm using the Mayhems Blitz Pro kit.

I will update my build log, link is in my sig.

Soldato
Sorry for the thread necro but it came up in google search about gunk in the loop. I bought ZMT tubing and I still have a 5 litre keg unopened and a quater left in the opened one.

What was the conclusion to this? Where is the gunk coming from? Is PastyMuncher still using Mayhem's X1? Why has it doubled in price?

Man of Honour
OP
It seemed to have been plasticiser from the Primochill tubing. Mayhems were brilliant and sent me a load of free Mayhems tubing, Blitz kit and X1 and up to a few months ago I had been using the stuff they supplied me with zero problems. I have now gone back to air cooling after 17 years or so of water cooling otherwise I would have still been using Mayhems products. I can only guess that it's coming on for double the price now due to overheads, the same as everything else.

Back
Top Bottom