New AIO water cooler not cooling.

Associate
I have an AMD FX-8350 processor, an Asrock 980DE3/U3S3 mobo (not the best im aware, tempted to upgrade let me know if this will help) and a brand new Silverstone Tundra TD02-Slim AIO water cooling unit (recommended to the Tundra TD-0x range by a friend who had almost silent cooling and worked very well). Having installed my water cooler today and used Arctic MX4 thermal paste, my PC automatically shut itself down randomly. I assumed it was an overheat so I removed my side panel and felt the two tubes and both were very hot. I checked the direction of the fans that I installed on the radiator and they were correct, I checked all the fan leads and pump were plugged in and all was fine. However it still seemed to shutdown due to excessive use. At the time I had CS:GO and Teamspeak and Chrome open, nothing too demanding, especially for my 4GHz 8core CPU. I left it to cool and came back earlier and turned it on again, this time leaving my side panel off so i could check the temp of the tubes at random points. For the first 10 minutes one was hotter than the other as would be expected, but then after 10-15 mins they both warmed up very quick. I have a feeling something could be wrong. Can anyone help. Let me know if you need more details, or if you suggest getting a new mobo, AM3+ socket is needed. Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Is the radiator getting hot as well? Also can you hear/feel the pump running?

Hi,
the radiator is concealed but there is a very hot patch where it is located on the outside of the case. From what I can tell through sound and heat the pump does also seem to be doing something. Just not cooling. Once again today both tubes started to really heat up after 15 minutes gaming.

Associate
Try moving the case tilt it back and forward and side to side, even lay it on it's sides, might be airlocked. Failing that try reseating the pump block and check the pump RPM.

Associate
OP
Try moving the case tilt it back and forward and side to side, even lay it on it's sides, might be airlocked. Failing that try reseating the pump block and check the pump RPM.

Okay will do this now. Could it also be that too much thermal paste was put on? I did the pea however I could have got away with less. Is there too much to the point where it separates the water block and the processor entirely.

Back
Top Bottom