EK Pteg 10mm bending tube issue

Associate
So I purchased the 12/10mm Ek Pteg and a10mm bending rubber, even with washing up liquid the bending rubber is to tight to go very far in.
I know it needs to be tight but this is crazy any suggestions gratefully received.

Associate
Bending cord which just fits really tightly gets far superior results, if you can work it far enough down with washing up liquid or olive oil twist it as you go then it will be perfect. Sometimes if it's too tight the cord will get stuck inside when making multiple bends so try to work your way towards the end pulling the cord out as you go.

The best toleranced cord i've had was the primochill one but that's out of stock now, monsoon was miles too small although as a positive it would always fit in any tube. Tube can vary too in all fairness.

Which cord did you get the XSPC? I'll try out whichever is in stock at OCUK tomorrow and let you know, I need a new cord myself. The primochill one is black and indistinguishable from a power cable so I keep losing it :D

JR

Associate
OP
Sanding is what I've done, looked like flipping snowman by the time I was done!!
This bending lark is harder than it looks, good job I purchased half a dozen lengths of tube to practice with!!

Soldato
Sanding is what I've done, looked like flipping snowman by the time I was done!!
This bending lark is harder than it looks, good job I purchased half a dozen lengths of tube to practice with!!

It is yes, just take your time and you'll get there. The best tip I can give is not to over heat it, if you use olive oil you can actually see the oil start to shift inside as the temperature hits perfect... Thats was I used as my point to start bending anyway.

Associate
Having serious problems with Monsoon tubing, which just by putting a ruler next to it has an internal diameter closer to 9 than 10mm.

Even with sanding and lubrication, it still needs to be pulled through with fishing wire.

Except that in order to squeeze through, it is stretched and as soon as the acrylic warms up it begins to pucker as the silicone tubing tries to recoil.

Can't be arsed with it any more but don't have an option as OC has bugger all other blue tubes in stock.

Back
Top Bottom