Case choice

Soldato
I'm not actually looking at watercooling right away but I do need a new case and plan to water cool soon (tm), so trying to keep that in mind whilst also trying to spend as little as possible :p

So I've been looking and the two that seem to stick out are the Fractal Design Define R5 and the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. The R5 has more radiator options it seems but the Enthoo Pro M still can do 2x 360 rads it seems, which I think should be more than enough?

For reference it's likely to be cooling a 4690K and a single GPU (currently got a 7990 but looking to replace that around/before going water cooled for a non-crossfire/sli setup), so even 2x 360 is likely overkill?

So is there a good reason to spend £30 more for the R5? And/or are there better options around?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I get that, and likely won't bother with 2 rads but thinking as I tend to keep cases a long time to get one with the option of doing so should I decide to go silly in the future :p

Associate
Define S would get my recommendation, cheaper too.

You loose too much (hard drive cages etc) with the R5 when you do decide to go for water cooling.

Soldato
OP
The Be Quiet 900 Pro does look nice, but at ~£210 it's a bit more than I'd like to spend really. Size isn't really an issue, just cost :p

Define S looks good, think that takes my current top spot over the Phanteks one, not much more to buy but seems to have the better flexibility/options.

Associate
I'm just changing from enthoo pro m to a define s and prefer it massively. Ill put up some piccies in a few days as it has been a pleasure to build in- only wish it had a psu shrowd then would be perfect case

Soldato
OP
That's good to hear, mostly as I decided after posting earlier I wanted to get the build/swap done before the weekend and ordered the Define S, should be with me tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom