EK PE or EK SE much difference in cooling ability?

Associate
I had 240 pe and went to 240 se. I saw about an approx 5% temp increase, but I also replaced corsair sp with Varder, so that figure most likely would be worse like for like.
The pe wil always be better, but I use MATX, so I wanted the extra space, the se allowed.

Associate
OP
I had 240 pe and went to 240 se. I saw about an approx 5% temp increase, but I also replaced corsair sp with Varder, so that figure most likely would be worse like for like.
The pe wil always be better, but I use MATX, so I wanted the extra space, the se allowed.

Which varder fans did you use?

I've read else where that other makes, Darkside, Alphacool might offer better performance but I have no experience of such slim rads so its a leap into the unknown for me.

Associate
I bought F4, but only tend to run at approx 1200RPM, as I want quite operation, rather then performance. I had never used slim before, but if you look at most CPU/GPU AIO's, they use slim rads, so the performance is good enough.
No doubt, the PE's are the better performers, which is to be expected. I have also read that the SE are not the best slim rad, but again, my use case was not performance. I am happy with EK products, so stuck to what I knew.
My build is nearly the same as yours - 4790 and a MSI ref R2 290 (stock). I got approx 40 degree load with PE and all SP. I have settled on approx 50 degree load now, but the F4 has cut down the noise.

Soldato

I personally think the slim is as bad as it looks in that table, i've got 2 x 360SE and waiting on a case i'm after to come out then its getting replaced with something much more chunky.

If you have the space get the thicker rad every time, i've only got space for slim in mine so opted to cram in 720mm of it.

Associate
OP
So that seems to be pretty much the end of that idea then!

So next I will see if I can go with 1 x PE and 1 x SE just to keep the entire loop EK.
If not its going to have to be a different brand of 30mm rad so Darkside or perhaps Magicool from that review and others I've read.

It kind makes a mockery of EK's claim "This radiator offers best cooling capacity in 25mm thick radiator class"

Thanks for input guys

Soldato
So that seems to be pretty much the end of that idea then!

So next I will see if I can go with 1 x PE and 1 x SE just to keep the entire loop EK.
If not its going to have to be a different brand of 30mm rad so Darkside or perhaps Magicool from that review and others I've read.

It kind makes a mockery of EK's claim "This radiator offers best cooling capacity in 25mm thick radiator class"

Thanks for input guys

The thing is there isn't a lot in that class, this table is a really easy way to compare though mate:

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/6/

The BlackIce (Hardware Labs) Slims look pretty good for the size, i've read they are chunky round the edges though so be sure to measure up before clicking buy.

Associate
OP
Thanks
I'm researching and asking around if anyone has fitted the Black Ice Nemesis to a Parvum R 1 MATX case, fall back is Magicool or Darkside.

Soldato
Case support:
Bottom: (2x) 360mm (90mm) [Max radiator width 135mm]

Rad dimensions:
398mm x 133mm x 29.6mm (L x W x H)

In theory it fits fine. The front is 240mm support and the case is 285mm wide so again i'd be surprised if it didnt fit.

Back
Top Bottom