Distilled Water - What else should I use with it?

Associate
So ive got a load of Distilled / De-ionised water which I intend on using in my loop - ive also ordered some of Mayhems bits and bobs but not sure what (if any) i need. I intend on including a drop or two of Dye Orange 15ml, but should I also use either of these:

- Biocide 10ml With PH Testing Kit
- Fine Silver Kill Coil

Cheers!

Soldato
Not need for anything but I'd probably go with the kill coil so it's just done and forgotten about. Rinse your rads well before installation ;)

Soldato
I use both when im just using distilled water. I wouldnt go without any as i've had water go slightly green coloured in the past when i've forgot the biocide, but with both in there the water stayed crystal clear for years.

Soldato
I've always used biocide but only once when first filling the loop, longest loop time without maintenance is about 18 months. Water was still perfectly clear but slight build up in the CPU block when I stripped it down.

Was using 2 2nd had radiators in the loop though so the build up in the block could have come from those.

Temperatures were still fine though the build up really was minimal

Soldato
Yeah it would have been some muck from the rads probably, ive taken my cpu block apart in the past expecting some buildup but its always been shiny and clear in there. Although ive recently switched to some mayhems stuff so ill check in a year or so to see if it stays that way.

Associate
Depends on if you go all copper or have nickel plated blocks?

I ran all copper for ages and only used DI water with biocide and had no problems.

Then I started using nickel for the bling factor and noticed corrosion happening. I would make sure you use some kind of anti corrosive if using nickel.

Back
Top Bottom