Assetto Corsa

Soldato
1950s F1 incoming (Maserati 250f) will join the Aventador in the next pack.

Cm_Dh_F_g_WYAAGw_If.jpg

Soldato
New AI (red car is the AI, the other car controlled by Stefano). The AI is much more aggressive with its racing line, it no longer yields several car widths just because there is an opponent alongside.

Soldato
New AI (red car is the AI, the other car controlled by Stefano). The AI is much more aggressive with its racing line, it no longer yields several car widths just because there is an opponent alongside.

Yea, that's what the game really needs. AI is very fast, but turn into generous track day drivers when battling them in close quarters.

It's also where things get very hard to do right. You need them to be aggressive, but not too aggressive, and also fair and competent enough to not ram into you and whatnot.

What's the Handling Like on this on Controller

I played Project cars and found the handling Abysmal
It's serviceable with AC. There's still a few cars that just dont work great with it though, just to warn you. I could certainly put in respectable laptimes using my X360 pad with most cars.

And yea, Project Cars with a controller is just a nightmare. I spent hours trying to get it to drive properly with a pad and nothing I did, nor any dozen of 'recommended' settings from others ever got it feeling remotely usable for competitive racing.

Soldato
Since the birth of modern motorsports, Red has historically been the colour of choice for Italian Manufacturers & competitive teams. In keeping with that theme; KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are proud to unveil the "RED PACK", the DLC package for ASSETTO CORSA that includes seven legendary Italian sports cars and Austria’s RedBull Ring circuit.

Today we are excited to introduce the awesome Ferrari FS15-T car, driven by leading drivers Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2015 season.

Niiiiiice!

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa

Associate
hi guys

as the steam sale is on im thinking of getting a racing game for pc. havent played one for years so im totally out of the loop.

it looks like the current best choices are either project cars or AC.

probably prefer playing single player, but i havent played a recent MP racing experience so im open to that aswell if its any good.

I dont own a wheel, i have an old xbox usb pc controller, so i will use that for now.

anyone any experience with either of these game using a controller rather than wheel?

thanks for any opinions!

Soldato
There is the free2play Forza 6, so I'd try that first as it was specifically made for the controller. Then, if you catch the driving game bug and decide to get a wheel (DFGT can be had for about £50 second hand) - get AC. AC can be played with a controller as well, but you'd be missing like 70% of what makes it great. Not a fan of pCars personally, so I'd go for Forza and AC.

Vettel's Ferrari SF15-t from the upcoming RedPack DLC is looking sweet. Love the steering wheel modelling, this is certainly not Codemasters' F2010-15 effort:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
i havent got win10 on my gaming machine, im still win7 so i may look at forza apex when i finally upgrade.

I used to love racing games, back in the amiga days :) still miss playing geoff crammonds f1 game :(

At the steam sale prices im just gonna buy AC i think. might even get pcars aswell for £11 just to see which i prefer.

if i buy AC, do you get the free upgrade to 1.7? and any release date for it?

Soldato
Just remember that although it is possible to get by with a pad, you're still going to be at a pretty big disadvantage to the majority of players using a wheel in MP.

You can usually tell who's using a pad by the way their car moves. If you then spectate from the pits, you can see the jerky movements of their in car wheel to confirm it.

I've also found the pad players to be an on track liability tbh. More often than not anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
I really want to like this game, there are so many rave reviews and now I am not sure if it is me as I really struggle with the handling? I use a G27 wheel and regularly play Raceroom, Automobilista and Race 07. However this game leaves me genuinely stumped. I just struggle with the handling, for example, I tried the RUF Yellowbird and whilst I know this car is insane, I just find it incomprehensible that the car wants to spin out at slow speeds such as 40mph?

With regards to the question concerning using a gamepad, I agree, you can get away with slower cars - try to be competitive and the gamepad will quickly show its limitations.

Associate
I really want to like this game, there are so many rave reviews and now I am not sure if it is me as I really struggle with the handling? I use a G27 wheel and regularly play Raceroom, Automobilista and Race 07. However this game leaves me genuinely stumped. I just struggle with the handling, for example, I tried the RUF Yellowbird and whilst I know this car is insane, I just find it incomprehensible that the car wants to spin out at slow speeds such as 40mph?

With regards to the question concerning using a gamepad, I agree, you can get away with slower cars - try to be competitive and the gamepad will quickly show its limitations.

I feel the same and the only thing I can do to make the game enjoyable is by enabling stability control and ABS, as no matter what I try it's just to twitchy on pretty much every car.

Soldato
The Yellowbird is for masochists anyway :p

As for TC/ABS, there's no shame in using those aids to some degree - Especially if the car has those features IRL anyway.

As for cars generally feeling twitchy/having low grip etc.
It really depends on a lot of variables tbh. Track/air temp, track grip level, tyre choice (and whether they're cold or hot), car setup and of course, which car you happen to be driving.

And there's how you've set up your wheel, both in game and in the control panel for your wheel.

Soldato
I tried the RUF Yellowbird and whilst I know this car is insane, I just find it incomprehensible that the car wants to spin out at slow speeds such as 40mph?

Watch this video is all I need to say ;) (real life onboard, YellowBird on the Nords in the hands of a crazy pro)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom