• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1060 3gb vs 970

Associate
OP
The 970 isn't as good as the 780's in heaven vally, my 780 non ti got 3240 points but this does not equate to in game performance where the 970 is a good few fps ahead.

I did compare a few games with the 780ti to the 970 and found the 780ti a few frames ahead to be honest.

well that beats my 970 by over 500 lol. my cpu isnt as good but i doubt its 500+points worse

even my overclocked 970 with the same cpu cant come close.
valley_2016_11_07_09_13_41_175_zpsks3izug4.png

Last edited:
Associate
I think valley is designed to push the card to it's limits, so the 780Ti will cope better with difficult maths and texture throughput but the 970 wins with it's render core count and updated architecture using less power and producing less heat.

That seems to mean that each card has it's ideal applications and will perform differently based on the game engine.

Minimum frame rates might be more interesting to look at, as each card seems to have a different general output frame rate.

Associate
The crazy *******s gave me TWO 1070s! Bloody hell! I struck gold with Gigabyte! hehehe

Granted, they're the Mini ITX versions... they cards are small and only have one fan on the card, but it's a hell of an upgrade! I only begged for one! haha

Soldato
Great! You cant SLI the 10xx cards do you could sell one.... and since it was kind of free sell it cheap.... and put it in the MM.... and then PM me as soon as you have ;)

Soldato
elrasho;30486907 said:
Great! You cant SLI the 10xx cards do you could sell one.... and since it was kind of free sell it cheap.... and put it in the MM.... and then PM me as soon as you have ;)

You can Sli the 1070 just not the 1060 and below. It's only 2 way that is fully supported i believe.

Associate
The crazy *******s gave me TWO 1070s! Bloody hell! I struck gold with Gigabyte! hehehe

Beware, if company starts giveaways, it might end up badly ;)
I remember when my OCZ StealthXStream 600W power supply started to coilwhining, they changed it for.... Z-Seies 850W Gold, lol. I use it until now, very good power supply. But hey... OCZ met bancrupcy level, so watch out Gigabyte ;)

Permabanned
Getting two 1070's as replacements is great news, If it was me I'd either sell one and keep one or sell both and make up any difference for a 1080, I think single fan ITX cards in sli might be loud and hot but if that doesn't bother you and you're happy with sli you now have a far more powerful set up which is a result, As mentioned grab a lottery ticket just in case:D.

Associate
Getting two 1070's as replacements is great news, If it was me I'd either sell one and keep one or sell both and make up any difference for a 1080, I think single fan ITX cards in sli might be loud and hot but if that doesn't bother you and you're happy with sli you now have a far more powerful set up which is a result, As mentioned grab a lottery ticket just in case:D.

Hot and loud mate? I wouldn't know! I'm not in the same room as my PC. :D

I drilled a big hole in the wall and just run the cables through. It was the best decision of my life. It keeps my bedroom toasty warm in the winter, with the heating off. In the summer, the window's open as wide as the Clyde and I'm not annoyed by the wind, chapping the blind and causing horrible summertime glare on the screens.

I've just updated my audio system as a repercussion... That 'static' fan sound loud or not, can be distracting. It's great not hearing the PC at all. Quiet PCs are the way forward! hehe

Associate
I found one of the 780Ti benchmarks... Different CPU, but i'm not sure how much that dictates.

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0
FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System
Platform:
Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz (2999MHz) x8
GPU model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 21.21.13.7254 (3072MB) x1