• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why no Titan X Pascal?

Associate
Yes but SLI these days isn't that better than CF, on the contrary.
However £1200 for 2 cards that will work some times, or £1200 for a single card but not that powerful, that will work always? (again ofc indeed isn't double the performance).

However I would point also to the situation where 2 used FuryX (or Nanos) make more sense, considering they cost less than a single GTX1080, and except Tomb Raider which is a VRAM gobbler, they are as fast if not faster than the TXP! At half the cost.

But many argue the following:

which is partially correct.
But again. From one hand you buy 2 GTX1080s for what? more fps?

You can buy a Gsync monitor and a single card for the same money, and be happy. (same applies to AMD and Freesync).

The technology works and is superb for what it is.
And believe me a single GTX1080 is more than enough for 2560X1440 WITH GSYNC. But not without gsync.

Hence I sold mine, and moved back to my trusty Nano and the Freesync abilities of my monitor. Rather having 60-70fps and freesync than 80-90fps without. (Same applies to gsync).

Does yours do 2130mhz without any increase in power limit from 100 to 110?
And presumably, watercooled, right? anyone got a titan xp that's not watercooled? because i'm waiting on parts and am hitting 88c on it.

You can get hold of it in UK and Germany, from nvidia's site or amazon.

I've done a review on it if anyone cares to compare results from aircooling and stock 1418 mhz.

http://glob3trotters.com/portfolio/nvidia-titan-x-pascal-12-gb-hail-to-the-king-baby/

Exactly my reason for purchasing titan xp, glory days of sli'ing 670's, 780 ti's are gone. prefer getting hold of a good titan xp on water and ocing that till it satisfies me at 4k, than having problems with sli or memory cap (COD and rise of the tomb raider exceed 10-11gb videoram at times, so go figure).

Soldato
OP
Exactly my reason for purchasing titan xp, glory days of sli'ing 670's, 780 ti's are gone. prefer getting hold of a good titan xp on water and ocing that till it satisfies me at 4k, than having problems with sli or memory cap (COD and rise of the tomb raider exceed 10-11gb videoram at times, so go figure).

This is an eye-opener for me. I didnt realise that SLI/CF are no longer good nowadays. Thanks for pointing out. It appears that a single GPU with watercooling is the best way to go.

Just a side question: if I plan to order 3-4 copies and return 2-3 copies and only keep the best one, how should I select based on ASIC quality scores? Or it's less relevant for watercooling? I don't want to dismantle cards that I want to return, just to find how they perform under watercooling.

Associate
sli/cf might return to favour if we hit performance limits like intel has, and not wanting too big a gpu die for manufacturing, or per eye rendering for vr

Associate
Just a side question: if I plan to order 3-4 copies and return 2-3 copies and only keep the best one, how should I select based on ASIC quality scores?

This is probably the reason OcUK are glad they don't sell them. An incredible abuse of the consumer rights act that leads to higher prices for all of us.

Soldato
rtho782;30478762 said:
This is probably the reason OcUK are glad they don't sell them. An incredible abuse of the consumer rights act that leads to higher prices for all of us.

The have to pay a restocking fee these days, if the product has been opened and used etc, so not so easy to take advantage of as before.

Soldato
rtho782;30478762 said:

OCUK, other retailers and all the AIB vendors (ASUS, MSI etc) would absolutely love to sell such a high margin product, trust me ;)

Caporegime
Dave2150;30479859 said:
The have to pay a restocking fee these days, if the product has been opened and used etc, so not so easy to take advantage of as before.

Is that legal? I thought you were allowed to open to inspect before returning?

Associate
Dave2150;30479862 said:
OCUK, other retailers and all the AIB vendors (ASUS, MSI etc) would absolutely love to sell such a high margin product, trust me ;)

It's only high margin if your name is nVidia, they do let OcUK sell them already as part of systems, but you can bet they don't let OcUK make much profit on them ;)

Ordering 4 and sending 3 back is still distasteful.

Associate
rtho782;30481705 said:
It's only high margin if your name is nVidia, they do let OcUK sell them already as part of systems, but you can bet they don't let OcUK make much profit on them ;)

Ordering 4 and sending 3 back is still distasteful.

I very much doubt this will fly with OcUK. They won't accept them unless there is a good reason and ... "sorry mates but they are not OC stars" more than likely won't work.

Caporegime
RavenXXX2;30481767 said:
£1200 GPU a classic. I did lol.

Well I had buyers regret when I bought mine but since gfx performance seems to have stagnated and it is looking highly likely now there wont be a faster card for a minimum of 12 months, perhaps 18 months I am happier every day and enjoying gaming on my 4k screen.

Soldato
Griffildur;30481713 said:
I very much doubt this will fly with OcUK. They won't accept them unless there is a good reason and ... "sorry mates but they are not OC stars" more than likely won't work.

OCUK would have no option but to honour the law and allow a return within 14 days:

Under UK law, OCUK (and other retailers) have to abide by the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

"Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods."

OCUK (and other retailers) are able to charge you a fee if the value of the goods has been diminished, for example if you've broken the seal, got fingerprints on it, etc etc

"You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund."

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/support-details

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yes, there is nothing stopping someone ordering 10xTitanXP from NVIDIA, testing each one for the best sample, then returning the 9 other cards under this law. They may be charged a fee due to the opened boxes/broken seals/used or due to the fact the GPU is now a little dusty etc.

Note I don't agree with this practice at all, I think there should be a another kind of seal on the PCI-E connector, which once broken, voids the right to return due during this 14 days etc, though you can bet many do abuse this law.

Caporegime
Dave2150;30483503 said:
OCUK would have no option but to honour the law and allow a return within 14 days:

Under UK law, OCUK (and other retailers) have to abide by the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

"Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods."

OCUK (and other retailers) are able to charge you a fee if the value of the goods has been diminished, for example if you've broken the seal, got fingerprints on it, etc etc

"You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund."

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/support-details

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yes, there is nothing stopping someone ordering 10xTitanXP from NVIDIA, testing each one for the best sample, then returning the 9 other cards under this law. They may be charged a fee due to the opened boxes/broken seals/used or due to the fact the GPU is now a little dusty etc.

Note I don't agree with this practice at all, I think there should be a another kind of seal on the PCI-E connector, which once broken, voids the right to return due during this 14 days etc, though you can bet many do abuse this law.

The problem is and why this law came about is that in a shop you can "try" the goods but cant do this mail order.

Having it void that once you have plugged it in doesnt seem in right.

mail order businesses just have to factor in so many returns in their business model but on the other hand they dont have shops + rates + staff to pay.

I would hate not being able to buy a monitor without this protection.

Soldato
Greebo;30483870 said:
The problem is and why this law came about is that in a shop you can "try" the goods but cant do this mail order.

Having it void that once you have plugged it in doesnt seem in right.

mail order businesses just have to factor in so many returns in their business model but on the other hand they dont have shops + rates + staff to pay.

I would hate not being able to buy a monitor without this protection.

Monitors are not graphics cards, they don't have a PCI-E connector to seal up etc! I agree this law is absolutely needed for other goods, I'm merely referring to graphics cards, as per my post.

IMO having it void once you plug it in (by removing a special seal on the PCI-E connector) would mean you have inspected the goods and are happy with it etc.

Obviously if it turns out to be faulty you could return it as normal for a replacement/refund.

This would prevent people from returning perfectly working graphics cards, only once they have used them in a system.

Soldato
If GPU card makers advertise their cards based on how well they overclock and then it turns out to be a dud, I think they are asking for people to return them.

Its misleading advertising.

Back
Top Bottom