Conan Exiles

Associate
I lost interest in ARK when it seemed to loose direction more than anything. It in principle looked good but has never been balanced. I had a clan and 30 people followed etc and we built an awesome camp on a ridge near the green oblisk but then some silly person caused issues and destroyed it from the inside and I gave up from there because after spending a few hundred hours doing it on a PvE server it wasn't worth the effort.

I'm right there with you, although much of the problem has been exacerbated by abysmal performance and the sheer amount of time required to raise/tame certain dinosaurs on official servers. I feel like I've exhausted the game at this stage, which is why I'll be devoting my attention to Conan Exiles when that comes out this month.

Edit: On reflection, I feel that flying mounts actually spoil the game somewhat! Before acquiring one, the game seemed comparatively larger, and my friend and I were much more reluctant to leave the safety of our compound without proper preparation. Now the illusion has been broken, and any point of interest is a mere stone's throw away, I can't help but feel constricted somehow!

Soldato
Anyone who shows off physics in their game as a major selling point in 2017 doesn't have much to show...

Hope it shapes up, but I'm still not convinced this will be an optimised game with actual depth to it.

Soldato
I doubt it'll be awesome right out the gates, it is early access after all, but if I see a good base game with clear potential then I'll be happy.

Ark just added more fluff and more fluff and so far in the time it's been out has done zero to try and optimise the game. Imo they can't and know it which is why they seem very reluctant to get it to beta. While it's on alpha they have an excuse to not optimise it.

Caporegime
Anyone who shows off physics in their game as a major selling point in 2017 doesn't have much to show...

Hope it shapes up, but I'm still not convinced this will be an optimised game with actual depth to it.

+1

Hopefully it will run well etc. but I just can't see it having good performance, none of these early alpha access survival/rpg games have good performance (and this looks exactly the same as ark for graphics etc.), not to mention, they never leave alpha stage... and with funcom's history, I can only see this being the exact same, maybe they will get it optimised and move forward to making it a "final" game at some point but I can't see that happening any time soon, at which point the hype and "want" for it will have faded long ago a bit like what has happened with ark now, at least for myself anyway.

I tried ark out again the other week and the performance in that game is just abysmal, even on the dlc map which is suppose to run the best, it is just lol worthy... even with everything on low/off, it still stutters like crazy etc.

Steam really need to address this whole early access/alpha crap now, it is quite frankly getting out of hand with the amount of developers abusing the system.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And as expected... it looks like this game is going to suffer the exact same lag and performance issues that plague ark:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/5p5njy/lagoh_the_lag/

inb4 the "early access alpha" comments :p (the never ending story for these games... ;))

Lets just hope the developers make this area a priority for improvements rather than ignoring it and just cramming in as many features as possible.

Going by the comments in that reddit thread, it seems like what has happened with ark and the lack of optimisation/care from its developers has already put people off conan.

Associate
And as expected... it looks like this game is going to suffer the exact same lag and performance issues that plague ark:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/5p5njy/lagoh_the_lag/

inb4 the "early access alpha" comments :p (the never ending story for these games... ;))

Lets just hope the developers make this area a priority for improvements rather than ignoring it and just cramming in as many features as possible.

Going by the comments in that reddit thread, it seems like what has happened with ark and the lack of optimisation/care from its developers has already put people off conan.

Alpha for twaeaking and adding, Beta for polishing and optimising, as long as the alpha performance isn't as Bad as Ark then I'll be purchasing. There's always the steam refund if it indeed does run like ark

Back
Top Bottom