Amazon fire new update

Associate
just been reading that the new update on the Amazon fire stick is to block kodi not sure if its true but seen on facebook someone tried adding it to the stick today and is blocked?

Soldato
I purchased one last night for exactly this reason. Haven't they already blocked it in the sense that you need to use a third party launcher to get it to run? Are they planning to take it one step further?

Associate
I purchased one last night for exactly this reason. Haven't they already blocked it in the sense that you need to use a third party launcher to get it to run? Are they planning to take it one step further?

Thought this was already the case, there was some media coverage on the fact they were banning Kodi yet still allowed for the sale of Android boxes on their website, they also were meant to be banning the sale of chromecast and apple tv on their website which I suppose is fair enough. I use nvidia shield tv, the firestick pretty much just sits and gathers digital dust :( just like the chromecast before it

News Article

Associate
Had firestick delivered, setup today . Forced to update to latest firmware on initial setup but followed a Youtube guide and installed firestarter and Kodi without any problems.

Easy access to Kodi via double press of the Home button. Comparing against a PI B+ and working well. Great item for £25 delivered.

Paranoid about future updates now and have blocked a few things via my asus router/firewall but not sure it will fully work in future.

Back
Top Bottom