Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
Works nicely but it's a little clunky to set up at this point - to be fair, it is in beta at this point.

On the remote system (my server in the under-stairs cupboard in this case) set up "Data Export" under "aquasuite web (beta)". Just add one and select the data you want to send:

Aquasuite-data-exchange1.JPG

Then go to "Data Access" to get your "Access Key". There's a helpful "Copy to clipboard" button but on my system (Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) it just crashes Aquasuite. Easiest way round it is to click one of the links under API access and then copy the link out of your web browser's address bar....unless you want to copy it by hand :D Sorry, I obfuscated my keys but they're on the end of the links :p

Aquasuite-data-exchange2.JPG

Then, on your local system, you set up "Data import". Here you just add one and paste in the access key from the last step and an astounding NOTHING will happen. There's no message telling you it's accepted, no 'OK' or 'Save' button to click, nothing.

Aquasuite-data-exchange3.JPG

If you've got the key correct you should be able to add data to a chart in an 'Overview Page' like this:

Aquasuite-data-exchange4.JPG

You can also base controllers (fan speeds, lighting etc) off remote temperature data. Not sure how that's useful but maybe. More useful perhaps is to set an Alarm action for it. Either way, you need to set up a 'Software Temperature' sensor. Just name a sensor, set it to "Sensor Enabled" and choose the source as per the chart screenshot above.

Aquasuite-data-exchange5.JPG

Hope that's useful to someone.

Soldato
To be fair, they give it away with the product. They're simply saying you don't get unlimited new features for ever like you used to. If it produces good new features or even just better stability (it tends to lock up a bit when changing between chart pages) I'm all for it.

Soldato
Not happy about this at all.

I've had three or four different AE5 units over the years and whilst I've ignored the fact that they've been 'revising' the product (for example - All my AE5's have had different heatsinks on them - first one didn't even have one!), this is not something we as consumers should ignore.

Its setting a VERY bad precedence if you ask me - cheeky gits at Aquacomputer are basically trying to fleece us users. Won't be long till they announce how they are no longer support Aquasuite 2016 and only 2017.

Couldn't give a crap if development is taking the companies time - something you should budget for as part of your long term product support plans.

For the first 2 years the software was a complete mess and buggy as hell, if ANYTHING they should pay me for wasting my time for years before they sorted the software and finally gave me a product which does what it says on the tin.

Soldato
Not happy about this at all.

I've had three or four different AE5 units over the years and whilst I've ignored the fact that they've been 'revising' the product (for example - All my AE5's have had different heatsinks on them - first one didn't even have one!), this is not something we as consumers should ignore.

Its setting a VERY bad precedence if you ask me - cheeky gits at Aquacomputer are basically trying to fleece us users. Won't be long till they announce how they are no longer support Aquasuite 2016 and only 2017.

Couldn't give a crap if development is taking the companies time - something you should budget for as part of your long term product support plans.

For the first 2 years the software was a complete mess and buggy as hell, if ANYTHING they should pay me for wasting my time for years before they sorted the software and finally gave me a product which does what it says on the tin.

I love my aquaero's but I have to agree with the above.

Associate
Yep, excellent hardware but subpar software.

It's a bit cheeky that they are now charging for it, I certainly won't be paying for it even if it means sticking to older software versions.

Soldato
You can always stick to 2016-5 and they've said they'll still provide major fixes (security holes and the like). If you get a version of 2017 (free or otherwise) you can keep running that as long as you want...You just don't get new versions free unless you buy them or purchase any other bit of hardware - like a Farbwerk or a flow sensor.

The flip side to all this is that maybe it'll make the software better. It's always been good functionally, but a bit flakey in terms of performance (either crashes, stops reporting stuff or just takes ages to do things).

Soldato
Meh, not sure I care all that much (5lt user here)

I use the software to set everything up how I like, then I don't even need the software anymore until I change something. Its not even installed since my last reformat 9 months ago.

Associate
I didn't want to pay for it initially, out of principle, but once I read their explanation as to why they needed to go with this new licensing system, I understood their motivation. I do think they should be working on other products and making their profit there instead. What would be really nice is if the LCD on the Aquaero had OLED instead of the cheapest LCD screen possible with terrible viewing angles as it is now.

I also gave in and purchased Aquasuite 2017 because it has an essential feature that I need (integrated software sensors) so now I can get the water temperature from my Aquastream XT pump and pass it through to the Aquaero without an Aquabus cable or a separate water temperature sensor plumbed in; as well as monitor CPU and GPU temps without having to rely on HWiNFO, which didn't work properly for me with normal user accounts in Windows.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only downside of skipping the aquabus cable is that if the software flakes out on you (or Windows falls over) the Aquaero loses access to that data. Depends if that matters in what you've got set. For example if you've got it set to shut down (by the relay cutting the ATX 'on' line or shorting the power switch lines for 5 secs) when the coolant temperature gets too high, it may not happen if it loses access to the data. Depends how paranoid you want to be really.

Associate
I didn't want to pay for it initially, out of principle, but once I read their explanation as to why they needed to go with this new licensing system, I understood their motivation. I do think they should be working on other products and making their profit there instead. What would be really nice is if the LCD on the Aquaero had OLED instead of the cheapest LCD screen possible with terrible viewing angles as it is now.

I would buy an OLED variant. Take my money!

Soldato
I have an aquero 5 LT as well as aquacomputer pump, both plugged into a usb header. Every time I boot up or restart, it adds or changes the pump showing as connected in the aquasuite software:

8aAhYr9.png

Has anyone ever seen this, or an idea how to stop doing it? The pump is working fine, and it never did this prior to installing the aquaero along side the pump.

Soldato
It would normally appear as a separate device in Aquasuite but only the one. You could take out the USB connection from the pump and link it directly to the Aquaero. It should have direct communication then and by removing the USB from the pump, you sidestep the USB issue. The only thing you won't be able to do over Aquabus is update the firmware of the pump - but that doesn't happen all that often, it's mainly Aquaero firmware regularly updated.
That said, the USB issue is odd and you may get an answer to that if you submit a support ticket to Aqua Computer. They're pretty good at replacing thing in warranty if they think that's the problem.

Soldato
It would normally appear as a separate device in Aquasuite but only the one. You could take out the USB connection from the pump and link it directly to the Aquaero. It should have direct communication then and by removing the USB from the pump, you sidestep the USB issue. The only thing you won't be able to do over Aquabus is update the firmware of the pump - but that doesn't happen all that often, it's mainly Aquaero firmware regularly updated.
That said, the USB issue is odd and you may get an answer to that if you submit a support ticket to Aqua Computer. They're pretty good at replacing thing in warranty if they think that's the problem.

Well, I thought I could link the pump directly to the aquero - but when I did that it wouldn't let me control the speed?

Soldato
I'd have thought it ought to but to be fair I've not got an Aqua Computer pump. Most of my Aquabus devices are sensors but the Farbwerk is controlled over aquabus - you just have to set it up to work that way over USB first. Check when connected via USB under the pump there will be a System and/or Controller page and that may have options to delegate control to an Aquaero.

Can anyone with such a pump confirm how it works?
Otherwise, give me the exact model and I'll look up the manual.

Soldato
I know this has been asked before but looking for an answer on mobile is tough... so I'll just ask it again - connecting two D5 pumps on the 6XT, is this simply done by plugging them in to the PWM 1/2 slots as it only needs to control the speed? Confused really as it's got just the two pins and as far as I'm aware the two on the EK D5 PWM header are both speed and the PWM which doesn't exist... or they have to go in a fan header?

Soldato
Nope. The PWM headers are complete red herrings. They're not to do with PWM fans or pumps at all and are (if my failing memory works properly) a different voltage entirely. I think they're for lighting.

Best way is to ditch the molex and stick all four wires into a 4-pin fan plug connected to an Aquaero fan header. The 6 has the power to run high-power pumps directly (30W per channel or 36 with heatsink) and it makes the wiring neater with just one cable...especially if you sleeve it.

Back
Top Bottom