Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Get a group together on the plane and play Keep calm and nobody explodes????? whilst drunk. Why? Im curious how many seconds it will take for them to ground the plane :D

I think I'll stick to my current plan of noise cancelling headphones and diazepam. I don't want to be arrested at Kuala Lumpur on my transfer to Sydney!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello fellow Aorus owners, I've just joined the Overclockers forum even after being a customer for many years now. I am also recently the proud owner of an X7 Pro v5 and I must say, it has been all that I hoped for. I travel the world and always preferred gaming laptops. Flight sims need as much power as possible and this beauty is most definitely my best yet. The point to my post is one of asking the community for help regarding the Command & Control centre. For some reason, the C&C just stopped working and refused to launch at all. I have uninstalled and re-installed it, updated to latest version for my model but it just won't run.
I then thought I'd try downloading one from one of the other models and the one from the X7DT which is v2.5.9 and this actually worked for a couple of times and then suddenly stopped launching. I didn't know what else to try so I thought I'd remove all traces of the C&C and then installed v2.0.0 which would run without any issues. I then installed v2.1.2 and this too runs without any issues. However, if I install any version higher, I'm back to the software refusing to launch so I end up going back to v 2.1.2. Unfortunately, this version doesn't have the extended Fan control which is something I would like to get back. Have any other Aorus owners suffered this issue and if so, have you found a fix for it.
Hopefully one of the clever guys here might help an old chap fix this little issue.
I am running Win10 with the x7 pro v5 specs although I swapped out the mechanical drive for an SSD.
Appreciate any help
Regards, Nigel

Hi nbillo,

Here is the feedback from the mothership:

We have talked with technical team and it seems they are not be able to duplicate the problem.

step 1/ "It could be related to some other Software or the Win10 security mechanism.

Please try "right click the C&C, and select “Run as administrator” to see will it fix this issue?

Step 2/ If not, we will provide a beta C&C driver 2.9.5 (not sure if the beta driver will work or not, because issue cannot be replicated).

If we do need to go down this route you will need to uninstall the original C&C before installing this new C&C"

So lets do step 1, and see if we need step 2.

Let us know.

Team AORUS

PS - have you also posted on AORUS forum? We think we maybe talking to you twice :)

Associate
Hi Atom80,
Thank you for your reply. I've been travelling back to the UK hence my delay in answering.
I have run the executable as an administrator already. I've changed the file prorerties to always run this way. I don't use Windows Defender, I have Bitdefender installed but I can tell you that I have the files already excluded and I always disable it before installing the C&C just to make sure there is nothing stopping the installation.
I can tell you that I have posted on the Aorus forum already and have checked there for anybody else having issues, but I haven't had a reply on there. I have also submitted a support ticket for this issue on the Aorus website. They have acknowledged the support request but as yet, I haven't had any response.
I never actually thought about Overclockers forums until I saw a quote through Google search, which is where I am now.
I do appreciate any help as this is one of those issues that are always difficult to nail down. I know it will be software driven and I seem to think it's since the Windows10 service pack update has happened.
Look forward to your reply
Nigel

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,
Thank you for your reply. I've been travelling back to the UK hence my delay in answering.
I have run the executable as an administrator already. I've changed the file prorerties to always run this way. I don't use Windows Defender, I have Bitdefender installed but I can tell you that I have the files already excluded and I always disable it before installing the C&C just to make sure there is nothing stopping the installation.
I can tell you that I have posted on the Aorus forum already and have checked there for anybody else having issues, but I haven't had a reply on there. I have also submitted a support ticket for this issue on the Aorus website. They have acknowledged the support request but as yet, I haven't had any response.
I never actually thought about Overclockers forums until I saw a quote through Google search, which is where I am now.
I do appreciate any help as this is one of those issues that are always difficult to nail down. I know it will be software driven and I seem to think it's since the Windows10 service pack update has happened.
Look forward to your reply
Nigel

Hi nbillo,

We have updated technical team, and await further response, we think they will provide you with a new beta driver to see if that solves.

Will come back as soon as we can,

Thanks,

Team AORUS.

Associate
Aorus external monitor

Hi

I have an Aorus X7 V5 2016 model, and want to purchase an external widescreen gsync monitor for use with this laptop.

First can anyone recommend which cable to purchase for use with the mini display port to standard display port. Not sure if Laptop 1.2 compatible.

Secondly any monitor recommendations that are know to work trouble free with this laptop.

Thanks in Advance.

Associate
Hi nbillo,

We have updated technical team, and await further response, we think they will provide you with a new beta driver to see if that solves.

Will come back as soon as we can,

Thanks,

Team AORUS.

Hi Atom80,

Thank you for your quick reply. I can tell you that I've had a response from my support ticket over at the Aorus forum. I'm not overly happy with what they recommended which was to back up and do an F9 restore back to default so I'm going to hope that the new Beta driver does the job.
I think that for most people, when you have spent time and effort setting up your system as you want it, you are reluctant to simply blitz it all on somebody's say so and start again!!
How would the Beta software be delivered?
Kind Regards
Nigel

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,

Thank you for your quick reply. I can tell you that I've had a response from my support ticket over at the Aorus forum. I'm not overly happy with what they recommended which was to back up and do an F9 restore back to default so I'm going to hope that the new Beta driver does the job.
I think that for most people, when you have spent time and effort setting up your system as you want it, you are reluctant to simply blitz it all on somebody's say so and start again!!
How would the Beta software be delivered?
Kind Regards
Nigel

Hi nbillo

Post forwarded to HQ, and requested them to contact you and provide the beta driver. This guidance will take place over the AORUS forum.

Hope that's OK,

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Hi nbillo

Post forwarded to HQ, and requested them to contact you and provide the beta driver. This guidance will take place over the AORUS forum.

Hope that's OK,

Regards,

Atom80

Hi Atom80,
Thanks for the information and your help, it is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Associate
Hi nbillo

Hope that's OK,

Regards,

Atom80

Hi Atom80,

Just thought I'd let you know that the new C&C has been installed these last few days and is working fine.
Thanks for your help and assistance

Kind Regards

Nigel

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,

Just thought I'd let you know that the new C&C has been installed these last few days and is working fine.
Thanks for your help and assistance

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Great news :) We were just looking for the thread as we saw similar news emailed to us this morning from HQ.

Glad it got sorted for you sir.

We trust you can now continue to enjoy your AORUS product to the full :cool:

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Hey Atom80, any idea if OcUK have any orders for the 120Hz version of the X5 v6 coming in? I *really* want a 120Hz 15" laptop, some of us want to game AND have portability! My current 15" lappy 60Hz slow-response IPS screen makes me feel ill now I'm used to a decent 144Hz monitor.
Many thanks.

Associate
Hey Atom80, any idea if OcUK have any orders for the 120Hz version of the X5 v6 coming in? I *really* want a 120Hz 15" laptop, some of us want to game AND have portability! My current 15" lappy 60Hz slow-response IPS screen makes me feel ill now I'm used to a decent 144Hz monitor.
Many thanks.

also keen on knowing when the X7 V6 is coming into stock. this is the laptop for me!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Many thanks.

Hi HOkay,

The 120Hz panel version will be coming in after the version with WQHD panel, once we have ETA it will be set up and ranged with OcUK for pre-order...

All good things..... etc etc :)

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
also keen on knowing when the X7 V6 is coming into stock. this is the laptop for me!

Hi Olly,

We expect this product to land with OCUK in a couple of weeks time, this version with higher res panel and 120Hz:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...sd-1tb-hdd-8gb-nvidia-gtx-1070-lt-02b-au.html

With the other spec, with FHD panel coming in close behind the above:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...sd-1tb-hdd-8gb-nvidia-gtx-1070-lt-02a-au.html

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Middle East

Hey Atom80, as I work and live abroad, specifically in Qatar and won't be here when the new models are available, do you have a vendor in Qatar or the gulf region that sells the Aorus brand, any help would be appreciated thanks :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey Atom80, as I work and live abroad, specifically in Qatar and won't be here when the new models are available, do you have a vendor in Qatar or the gulf region that sells the Aorus brand, any help would be appreciated thanks :)

Hi Crazygeek

Is it UK "QWERTY" keyboard layout that you require?

If yes, then OcUK would be best to supply, warranty is supported globally, so its just a case of shipping abroad to you.

If it is different nationality product you want, let us know and we will look into this for you.

Thanks for your interest,

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Is it just me or are the images for the X7 DT v6 incorrect?

I'm sure they are showing the x3!

I only ask because I'm paranoid about spec write ups and images that vary from site to site and if I'm going to buy a product for nearly £3000 I want it to at least look like the picture?? :confused:

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom