Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
I just saw those patch notes and hope that the UI fix works. I play at 21:9. When I was tagging enemies using the LDIR (or whatever it's called) the tag seemed to float 3 meters away from where they were. I also had the 'press space to resume' glitch that made me vault over cover straight into 3 enemies laps :)

Same with remote hacking I had to aim to left by a few cm for it to pop the option up.

Associate
The game is short as they planned a season pass, this is the issue I'm seeing more and more with games, thankfully I bought this and explored a LOT but I could see me speeding through the main missions otherwise.

I wouldn't consider the game short, 25-30 hours for one walkthrough is a good amount of time and it is longer than the previous entry.

I think the trouble is that the game is perceived as being short because of the lack of locations and events in the game. Compared to the original Deus Ex, very little happens in the story and Mankind Divided moves at a much slower pace.

Associate
I wouldn't consider the game short, 25-30 hours for one walkthrough is a good amount of time and it is longer than the previous entry.

To be fair to the game, it was only single A price not AAA. Though whether the DLC later becomes 'mandatory', we'll see.

I enjoyed the last game's 10 hour multiple route DLC.

Associate
I started a new game + play through last night. I almost feel sorry for the NPCs now, with almost all the augs active it's a very different experience in he early stages, the tesla stun Aug is great fun when fully enabled.

Still can't quite decide if I'm going to play my normal mix of lethal and non lethal depending on the faction in question or go with a non lethal play through. Haven't killed anyone yet so have some time to think on it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think I'm coming towards the end of the game now, enjoyed it a lot but I just find Prague a little uninspired. I haven't enjoyed this hub nearly as much as I enjoyed Detroit or Hensgha in particular. I'll be replaying the game for sure but have felt that large parts of it have been a little lacklustre. I think I'll play slightly less of a hoarder next time around - I have 20+ biocells/hypostims and hundreds of rounds for 5-6 weapons I'm holding lol.

I do agree. Something about Prague that was not as good as Detroit or Hengsha. But was not bad or anything, still enjoyed it a lot, just not as much :)

Completed it 2nd time in around 6 hours or so. Got Pacifist achievement but missed out on Foxiest of the Hounds as I forgot about hacking triggering alarm if you do not back out in time :(

No problem though, would probably enjoy getting it in one sitting when I do I never asked for this difficulty in the near future :D

Soldato
35 hours on the clock, done all the quests I could find and didn't kill anyone. thought I might have done it with no alarms going off but no joy there :)

On the whole, good game, but not up to the same quality as HR and certainly not the original Deus Ex. Just seemed lacking in story depth and length.

Caporegime
Completed after 37 hours.

Foxiest of the hounds and Pacifist achievements as well.

I see what the reviewers meant by the abrupt ending...

Might wait for the DX12 patch before playing again.

Associate
Wtf at that spoiler TNA... not gonna quote it for fear of spreading the damn thing. Thanks for that...

I put a few hours into this last night and I am currently making my way through the GARM facility. It's the type of place I had hoped more of the game would be set in, but it's actually a really dull stealth section. It's a shame because landing there I thought "this is gonna be awesome".

I'm now thinking I won't replay Mankind Divided when I'm finished. There's just no remarkable levels/missions that I would want to replay :( It's turning into a 6 or 7/10 for me which I'm really sad about.

Soldato
First spoiler I've been exposed to.....I'm about 35 hours in now and have only just visited the TF base. I spent most of that time exploring every inch of the map. The only downside now seems to be that the new quests I have been given involve revisiting areas that I have already explored and cleared, so there's few surprises to be had at the moment. As others have said, Prague just doesn't seems as alive or as vibrant as the hubs in the previous game. That said, I've not experienced night yet, so maybe that will improve the feel.

Soldato
First spoiler I've been exposed to.....I'm about 35 hours in now and have only just visited the TF base. I spent most of that time exploring every inch of the map. The only downside now seems to be that the new quests I have been given involve revisiting areas that I have already explored and cleared, so there's few surprises to be had at the moment. As others have said, Prague just doesn't seems as alive or as vibrant as the hubs in the previous game. That said, I've not experienced night yet, so maybe that will improve the feel.

that and the hideous revelation that TF uses a shipping company as a front:rolleyes:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lol guys! It was a joke. I assumed you guys would get it if you had been following the thread pre-release. Either way, no spoiler, calm down. Haha :D

Bungah, you must have a short memory, I recall you was active at the time and should have understood the joke. Hence the :p

Soldato
Lol guys! It was a joke. I assumed you guys would get it if you had been following the thread pre-release. Either way, no spoiler, calm down. Haha :D

Bungah, you must have a short memory, I recall you was active at the time and should have understood the joke. Hence the :p

I kinda want to kill Sarif now though.;)

Back
Top Bottom