Watercooling fittings.

Associate
Morning All,

I am in the process of getting the bits tgether to build a machine.

I would like to watercool it (S2.0) using a DDC 3.2 Elite pump w/100mm Res combo. I would like to spilt the flow from the pump through an XE240 and PE240 raditators. With the flow from the raditators going to the CPU (5930K) and the GPU (GTX980ti) before going back to the Res.

I would like to use hard tubing as it looks neater, however i was advised to use Primoflex 13/10 (I think it was called).

I am struggling to identify the correct CPU block (I would like the EK plain non-MX version), the correct EK GPU bits. Lastly the kind of fittings.

In the past (10-15yrs) i use to use bards, however things have changed and it looks like you can get push fit style fittings (EK).

I would be grateful if you could advise on all the fittings I would need.

As always I appreciate all the help, advise & feedback.

Kind regards,

Andy.

P.S. I have come across the EK X240 kit (for £247 inc free next day delivery). I guess this would have everything I would need to start with, but I could not see if it would fit my CPU. Then all I would need is the bit for the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
Andy,
Rethink the 40mm and 60mm RADs. They make things very tight in the S2.0, specifically the 60mm at the front. I recommend you look at a YouTube DazMode video where he compares thickness to see effects on cooling. You may change your mind.
If you go hard tube, you will either need a bending kit or lots of fittings to make up the bends. Bitspower are very good at providing the fittings to do this if you do not want to bend.
Hard tube comes as 12/10mm and 16/10mm for EU and 13/10mm and 16/10mm for USA as a general rule. Most people seem to go 12/10 on this forum. E22 Ultra Clear Hard Tubing is viewed as best tube and its made in the UK.
Compression or push fittings. I have bought EK hardline compression as I like the idea to lock them in place. However, if you do not make bends, then maybe you should go all Bitspower
I have a EK-Supremacy CPU block, which is fine. Just pick the one you like the look off and I assume you are using Intel CPU.
For the GPU block use EK configurator to tell you what block will fit your card. This is very important to get the block to fit.

Associate
OP
Morning Mods,

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate all that you are saying as we were discussing this in another thread. I was more trying to understand they type of fittings I needed. I could not find the specific video you made reference to. But I did manage to get the EK configurator to work this time around.

My understanding it that I will need:

1* EK-ACF Y Splitter Black (Pump Out)
2* EK ACF 10/13 Black (for CPU)
2* EK ACF 10/13 Black (for Rad1)
2* EK ACF 10/13 Black (for Rad2)
2* EK ACF 10/13 Black (for GPU1)
1* EK-ACF Y Splitter Black (Res In)

So if I get 2 * Y splitters and 10 * 10/13 ACF fittings. This will allow me to link all the object in the loop.

However as I mention in my OP, what are your thoughts in getting the EK X240 kit. This would give me all the basic bits I need for the CPU.

Associate
Aren't the EK ACF fittings for soft tubing? I think you want the EK-HD or EK-HDC fittings. I am using the EK-HDC fittings (more expensive than HD but with an extra o-ring) with copper tube and have found them brilliant, even with slightly out-of shape pipe.

Associate
OP
Hi Baboonanza,

Thanks for the response.

I was advised to go soft tubing as the distances in the case are relly short connecting everything.

Looking at the EK configurator, i input the card I have in my basket (Zotac GTX980 AMP). I assume the list the configuator generates are all compatible parts for the item.

The reason I quiry it is because it has come up with the EK FC Titan X, which states Full Cover. The other block it suggests is a VGA that only covers the GPU.

Is the Titan X block really the correct waterblock?

Associate
EK configurator needs the vendor product code to match the part. so look at the code at the end GeForce GTX 980 AMP Extreme Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (ZT-90203-10P) - its seems EK does not have a block for this part number.
Google "EK Radiators Performance Buying Guide - DazLab 27" to see the RAD comparison.
EK X240 is a great kit, but its res is separate, so you will have to drill into the S2.0 to mount it and that will just not work in this case.
You will not be able to put any watercooling in the other chamber as that is going to be full of cables. I have short custom Pexon cables and its still crammed tight.
EK-ACF Fitting (Advanced Compression Fitting) is a soft-tube compression fitting.
EK-HD Adapter is a solid-tube push-in fitting, intended to be used with solid tubing such as Acrylic.
EK-HDC Fitting is a solid-tube compression fitting, designed for use with solid tubing such as Acrylic.

Associate
One CPU block, One GPU block and a RES/pump combo is 10 connector fittings.
I use 3 90° and 1 45° for my current soft tube build.
I do not see a need for a Y splitter, unless you want to add a drain port and then a T spliter is better.
Look at other builds to see where others have put 90° and 45° angled adapters to smooth out the tube runs. Draw the runs out on paper and think about how they connect and you will figure out what adapters you need.

Associate
why are you insist on using the Y splitter? I personally think that its the thing of the past. I run 2 240 rads gpu and cpu blok with Laing DDC 1RT without any problems.
Why overcomplicate Your loop?
also just having more radiator surface is overall better than having thicker radiators... IMHO 60mm are pointless unless You are really going for extreme

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom