Sennheiser HD650 - The classic beauty in a grey dress Appreciation thread!

Man of Honour
I can't hear anything beyond 18KHz, at 31, I think that's pretty good going! My hearing generally is excellent however, picking up ambient noises that most others don't. I don't think it's that my hearing is better than theirs, I think we can all hear then, it's just I tend to automatically focus on everything rather than only when I'm concentrating.

The 650s for me are pretty much the perfect headphone. A sweet balance of everything, never too much, or too little.

Associate
Got my 650s couple of weeks ago, along with a strix dlx sound card. drives them very nicely and very happy with the setup, especially nice having the external volume control box thing to easily swap between headphones and speakers :)

Soldato
Got mine a few months ago now and got to admit I do love them.

Everytime I get to the machine I get surprised by how good they are.

I have started buying Steam games using filter "Great Soundtrack"...!

Soldato
I'm willing to bet that people hearing things at 21k aren't actually hearing a pure 21k tone, but distortion created by some part of your audio chain trying to reproduce 21k.

Soldato
I can't hear anything beyond 18KHz, at 31, I think that's pretty good going! My hearing generally is excellent however, picking up ambient noises that most others don't. I don't think it's that my hearing is better than theirs, I think we can all hear then, it's just I tend to automatically focus on everything rather than only when I'm concentrating.

The 650s for me are pretty much the perfect headphone. A sweet balance of everything, never too much, or too little.

Depends. Ever had a hearing test done? Could very well be that you hear below 0dB which means you pick up on quiet sounds that others literally cannot hear.

18kHz at 31 is pretty decent enough. Where does your rolloff begin that you need to boost volume?

38 and can hear up to 21k

19k literally makes me feel sick lol

21k at normal volumes or do you have to boost the dB?

If you're telling me you hear 21k at normal listening volume then I call BS. Even my 7 year old niece says 20k is noticeably quieter than 19.

Back
Top Bottom