** GIGABYTE XTREME GRAPHICS CARDS NOW AVAILABLE!! **

Associate
Odd question; what are the dimensions of the 970 varient? The reason I ask is due to it fitting in my case. Anything over 275mm in legnth is too long.

Ive looked in the website and Gigabytes site but nowhere states it.

Cheers.

Soldato
Choosing between this and the EVGA Hybrid is going to be tough. Seems like this one has a more considered cooling system but I like EVGA's build quality and after-sales service / warranty.

That is why I might get EVGA. Gigabyte taking too long to release these new xtreme cards :(

EDIT: Never mind I just found this card at one of your competitors. £15 cheaper too. It's coming Monday. Black friday came early for me :D

Last edited:
Associate
Gibbo, possibly a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string type question...but any idea how far into December the Xtreme 980Tis will be? Mainly interested in the air-cooled one...though could be tempted by the hybrid.

Will preorder if it's likely to be first week of December - but am more than happy to snag a Lightning on This Week Only, if they're going to be much later :D

Associate
Cheers Gibbo - just stuck one on pre-order, with some other Black Friday bargains! Although your deal on the 980Ti Classy almost convinced me to switch at the last second ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Cheers Gibbo - just stuck one on pre-order, with some other Black Friday bargains! Although your deal on the 980Ti Classy almost convinced me to switch at the last second ;)

Don't do that to be honest, call sales and ask them to ship the Black Friday stuff, ordering OOS/Pre-order items on Black Friday stuff could mean you miss out.

In theory you should not as the system should allocate but because business is so mental right now I advice you only order items that are in stock on one order and then any items which are out of stock or on pre-order do on a seperate order. :)

Soldato
*Drools* awesome looking rig!

Does your have Samsung memory, as per the reviews?

Elpida

Elpida memory meets the same performance criteria as the Samsung or Hynix memory. Overclocking is luck of the draw as always. I have seen some people with very poor overclocks with Elpida memory and others with abnormally high overclocks with Elpida memory. Don't believe the hype

Back
Top Bottom