** In Stock Now! Revered Gaming Performance For The Past Decade ***

Soldato
How come it is now £25 cheaper than when I pre ordered? Does not seem fair to me - it only arrived today. Stonking looking board though. Will be building mine in the next few days.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OP
How come it is now £25 cheaper than when I pre ordered? Does not seem fair to me - it only arrived today. Stonking looking board though. Will be building mine in the next few days.
Sorry about that. Basically, what happened is that the "Remain" campaign went from a losing position in the polls to a winning position, which caused the Pound to strengthen, which meant that my buy price dropped, so I passed it on to the customers.

If you contact our sales team and point them in this direction they'll refund the difference for you.

Associate
Sorry about that. Basically, what happened is that the "Remain" campaign went from a losing position in the polls to a winning position, which caused the Pound to strengthen, which meant that my buy price dropped, so I passed it on to the customers.

If you contact our sales team and point them in this direction they'll refund the difference for you.
Now that's awesome service.

Awesome looking board but paying as much as I pay for a GPU on the motherboard seems insane to me!

Soldato

Now that's awesome service.

Awesome looking board but paying as much as I pay for a GPU on the motherboard seems insane to me!

Thanks muchly - service indeed. I will post in cs and point them here.:D

Soldato
So how much better? Are we taking like hitting say 4.8 on this board opposed to 4.5 on a lower board or only really a few bench points?

I bet if anything it's like 4.75Ghz vs 4.8Ghz compared to the other brands flagship boards. The end of the day if people are willing to pay a silly figure like this then why wouldn't Asus price it at it?

Associate
It's a nice looking board and with the performance to boot too as mentioned.

I would love to upgrade but I've had the original Rampage V Extreme since its launch and am still having problems with post error codes on boot from time to time even with the latest BIOS!

I guess the new crop of X99 MSI boards are of more interest to me;)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
What did you do to fix the Post Codes??

CLK De-emphasis etc should fix this.

R5E 10 does not have an issue at all. Not that R5E does its just about memory tuning and cold boot during training process.

OcUK Staff
ASUS motherboard products are consistently good, stable and efficient and from release date on a given platform. Especially ROG and WS.

They are doing good engineering on all products too. Innovating and driving the market. Examples of such are OC socket, OC Panel, Per core Voltage and per Ratio OC, AVX offset. The list goes on and on....

Not always the best in every area. But often are.

A brand and product I can rely on to be stable and efficient in my high end systems and for my high end business customers too.

Last edited:
Associate
Lately I've been getting error 'b1' about every 5 cold boots, NVRAM issue. A reboot normally clears it. BIOS is set to defaults and it still does it.

In the early days I used to get error 'bd' but that seemed to go away with the BIOS updates for stability issues. Plus my GSKILL memory is on the QVL list.

I've had quite a few boards from all the major players, including ASUS and they have overclocked fine, but this one has always been a bit hit and miss. In the early days I could get a really good overclock on the CPU and memory but now it's just running at stock.

It does the job but I'm after a new board as don't want to be reading the post codes every other day;)

Back
Top Bottom