** HTC VIVE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT OcUK WITH FREE DELIVERY!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

You can now buy the amazing HTC Vive VR Headset from OcUK with FREE delivery for under £700 with an expected delivery mid-end June 2016.

HTC Vive VR Headset - Pre-Order with expected delivery June 2016 @ £695.99 inc VAT

VR000HC_140500_800x800.jpg

Vive is brought to you by HTC and Valve. Uniting passion, talent, and innovation, Vive delivers on the promise of VR with best-in-class technology and content.

Experience room-scale gameplay with precise motion tracking and natural controller gestures. Get a glimpse of the real world when you need it thanks to the front-facing camera. Open apps and games without taking off your headset. This is fully immersive VR.

Everyone gets blown away by the Vive experience. You should be next! Stop by one of our tour locations to try Vive. You'll get to play around with crazy-cool virtual reality games and chat with other HTC aficionados. Believe the hype, get excited and see for yourself what the tech world's raging about.

Remember OcUK is an official HTC partner with Vive demo room in our retail store so you can also try before you buy by booking an appointment and try VR for yourself in our retail showroom. You can book here:
http://ocuk.simplybook.me/sheduler/manage/event/1/unit/1

Specification:
- Resolution 1080x1200 per eye at 90Hz
- Display technology specifically designed for VR
- Roomscale 360 degree tracking
- Gyro and accelerometers also built in
- Roomscale 360 degree one to one tracking controllers
- 960mAh battery, which last at least 4 hours of heavy use
- New haptic engine
- Dual stage trigger
- Tracked thumbpad
- Warranty: 1yr

Only £695.99 inc VAT - FREE DELIVERY

ORDER NOW

Associate
This is great news! As everyone who comes along and tries it tells me, seeing video's of the Vive on youtube and other sites really doesn't do it justice. It really is an incredible experience.

Soldato
6 years? Do you really get cover for that long? I thought a EU warranty was like 2 years or something?

It's not quite as simple as that, but yes if you have an item that breaks down in what would be considered an inadequately short period of time for reasons that aren't related to wear and tear (up to 6 years from purchase), there is a legal course of action you can take that would entitle to either free repair or replacement of said product. However, it can be a slightly convoluted and tricky road to go down.

Soldato
I had a playstation 3 years ago from that rainforest place, bought brand new when i went to uni. Stopped reading blu ray discs after 8 months. I went back and forth on the phone to playstation and the rainforest and neither accepted responsibility.

I was advised to go through consumer rights but because the company was registered outside of the uk i would haver to use EU consumer rights. In the end it was taking too long, i would have to send letters to recorded/signed for and wait for replies for weeks.

Sold the ps3 to a mate for £50 in the end.

Associate
I guess the caveat here is.....

____ During the expected lifespan of your product. ____

Trouble is, these days, nothing seems to be built to last!!

I am sure many companies think of their products as 'throw away', if it fails after anything over 12 months.

The only indication ever given, as far as I can tell, as to how long they anticipate a product to last...is when they willingly stipulate a warranty period of 'said' years, but even then, they often come with numerous exception clauses, :(

Associate
If my HTC one X is anything to go by it should be ok, five years and the lads had it the last 3 and apart from battery deterioration it's like new. HTC might be expensive but they do make well lasting products from my experience.

Soldato
We are (for the time being) part of the EU, so 2 years mininum warranty; as Ace Modder mentioned, we are also covered up to 6 years under the consumer rights act 2015.
Europa.eu Website said:
Under EU rules you always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost.

This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right. National rules in your country may give you extra protection: however, any deviation from EU rules must always be in the consumer's best interest.

If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund.

As a general rule, you will only be able to ask for a partial or full refund when it is not possible to repair or replace the goods.
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom