Radio:

Tables:

wda55RW.png

Associate
Everton after 15 games:

2015/16 - W5 D7 L3 GD8 PTS22
2016/17 - W5 D5 L5 GD0 PTS20

Maybe Martinez wasn't so bad after all?

The last thing they need to do is buy two low on confidence players from us (Memphis & Schneiderlin).

Caporegime
Arsenal 0-1 Stoke. Dodgy penalty apparently.

Not dodgy, Xhaka jumped into a tackle, was spinning as he jumped in and elbowed Allen in the cheek pretty hard as he was spinning.

The way he jumped in was stupid, having his elbow out was even more stupid and that he caught him in the face with his elbow in the box is very obvious. Stupid and unnecessary but I'd be screaming if that wasn't a penalty if that was at the other end.

Xhaka just has that feel about him, like he'll do something a bit daft at any moment and get a red or concede a penalty.

Associate
Ah well, I didn't see it. I'm going on what Durham and The Moose are saying on talkSPORT. Durham not exactly known for being kind to Arsenal.

edit/
Have just seen it. 50/50 collision imo.

Last edited:
Caporegime
AS far as I can tell, just before the Hull third goal, Palace should have had a stone cold penalty, so it should be 3-2 Palace rather than Hull.

https://streamable.com/q6ji

looks like Snodgrass dived completely for Hull's penalty and first goal as well. What is the ref doing, from there the Palace player has gone out of his way to pull his legs in and there isn't just like half an inch of air, he's miles from him and such a painfully clear dive.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Pardew's got to be sacked soon, he's completely failed Palace.

By failed you mean, all but safe by Jan last year, yeah they played out the second season like idiots but it seems to be the opposite of the likes of Sunderland and co. Other small teams seem to suck all year then get points in the final third to stay up, Pardew's teams seem to do great till Jan then not bother showing up once they are effectively safe.

They were 5th... 5th going into January last year. Palace, January, 5th. Then it was like they didn't want to be in europe and thought they couldn't be relegated and utterly gave up.

They are 14th now and judging by the woeful dive and the missed penalty, they'd be 12th with 2 more points if the ref wasn't bent.

I can't see how 12th for Palace is failure. Should they have done better in the second half of last year, no doubt, he has to fix motivation when he/squad think there is nothing to play for without question. But I'd struggle to call a first 12 months being great, the last 6 months being woeful (but pretty much safe the entire time) and 12-14th this year.

Looking at the table right now the only two teams that stick out as in completely the wrong place for their size/spend/last year is West Ham and West Brom. Southampton a little lower than you'd expect maybe but not that much. In this league with the teams and size of clubs, Palace are a team that you'd really expect to be fighting bottom half of the table.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom