Upgrade from my old CX750?

Associate
My full spec is in my sig.

I would like some advice fromy you lads about my old CX750 PSU. Ive had it a few years now and have had no issues at all, however do I get rid?

I used to have a 280x which drew more power than my current 1070 GTX, however my new card is over £400. I don't fancy my old PSU unit causing any damage in the near future. I see the CX750 didn't get much good reviews?

I was thinking on a RM750X?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...lar-power-supply-cp-9020092-uk-ca-210-cs.html

Any advice much appreciated!

Soldato
You probably wouldn't have any issues with the CX 750W for a single gpu setup, but if you do want to change it then a good 550W such as the SuperFlower Leadex is all you would need.

The White Platinum one is the best buy out of the three as it is slightly more efficient for the same price.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £253.63
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Associate
Super flower and EVGA are pretty much seen as the best. Interestingly, superflower make a lot of the EVGA PSU (which EVGA then just put their names on etc). Would always look into who actually makes the PSU, not just which brand is on the box. I learnt this mistake by getting a corsair Cx 750m.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom