Headset advice needed

Soldato
Hey everyone.

I'm currently using a wireless PS3 headset on my PC which is fine for console sessions but kills my head if worn for more than a hour.

I'm after a good pair to replace my 5.1 system in the man cave to save space, plus my old Logitech z5500 setup has seen better days.

I'm after a comfy, closed ear headset which has decent to excellent sound quality for generally everything. A good noise cancelling mic is also important.

I don't have a sound card, I'm not an audiophile but can tell the difference in crap sound to good sound if that's anything to go by :p

Budget is around £150-£250.

Cheers

Associate
Hiya

My recommendation would be the Mionix nash 20 headset.

You can get these for £50-70 when you shop around.

I own the nash 20 and actually the sound quality is nice, its a different beast giving a clear clean loud sound also sounds like your in a threatre.

Or the senn 363d or hyper x cloud revolver.

My 2 pence.

Daniel.

Last edited:
Soldato
A good all rounder for music and gaming which is closed?

AKG K550 MKII. I've got them (with a few others) and prefer them over the Beyer DT770's which is another recommendation within you price bracket.

Slap on a modmic and you are good to go, though a source upgrade from your mobo would be a good investment as well.

Creative Soundblaster Z (OEM) for internal or a Xonar U7 for an external solution would be a sweet setup within budget.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Excuse my ignorance on the matter but does directional audio play well with the 550's like footsteps in games?

The 550 does look like a nice bit of kit with some great reviews. I think I'll give them a go.

Will get a soundcard soon also. Most likely external as my case isn't the most spacious.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Soldato
Any pair of stereo headphones will work with virtual surround (directional audio), although it generally works best with open backed headphones due to them having a larger sound stage.

Soldato
OP
Well.... I got the K550's and a sound blaster Z card to go with it.

Well chuffed! Great sound and I see what people mean about a wide soundscape. Been laying on the sofa for a couple of hours abusing google play music :)

Back
Top Bottom