Gaming laptop required

Associate
I am looking for a laptop to do some work on and to play a few strategy/sim games. I have a decent desktop pc to run any high end games on but would like something more portable to use downstairs or out and about.

Not concerned about weight and I would like a 17"+ screen. Ideally want to keep it below £2k. I would run my Benq BL3200PT off it.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
Associate
OP
Hi MiSJAH.

Thank you for your response. Having looked at the price of gaming laptops and assessed my requirements, I am wondering whether a small pc system would better suit my needs (I have a new thread in the general hardware section for this). Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Soldato
I went with https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-....3-fhd-i7-6700hq-gaming-laptop-lt-24g-ms.html which I have had for 1 month now. Even though it's only a 1060 it plays everything I've thrown at it great and can see it lasting a lot longer than the previous laptop I had for 2 years.

Ohh I was just looking at those the other day - what's the 120Hz screen like?

I was considering the Asus ROG G752VS but Jesus.. that thing looks 1) HUGE and 2) Ugly as sin.. like a cheap plasticy brick from the late 80s :(

Associate
Ohh I was just looking at those the other day - what's the 120Hz screen like?

I was considering the Asus ROG G752VS but Jesus.. that thing looks 1) HUGE and 2) Ugly as sin.. like a cheap plasticy brick from the late 80s :(

I love it. Played about 30 hours of Overwatch on it so far and really impressed with how it handles the game. Got the settings really cranked up and it deals with it no problem. It was a bit of an impulse buy at the last Insomnia event but it's a great replacement for my 2.5 year old previous MSI 965m.

Associate
from the Forum FAQ:
Code:
Members Market?
The members market is provided as a free service to active and contributing forum members. OcUK are not liable for any deals that are done in the Members Market, you are free to buy and sell at your own risk. Please read the rules of the Members Market before you proceed to make your first sale. 

Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 1000 posts and have been signed up for at least 180 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts. 

Once you satisfy both of these criteria, Members Market access will be granted within 24hrs. Please do not post on the forums asking why you cannot access the members market, if you have any queries, email one of the forum Dons/Admins. The contact addresses are available in the FAQ. There is no buying, or selling allowed outside of the Members Market.

I guess you could say its like a Geeky more trustworthy gumtree.

Associate
Hi MiSJAH.

Thank you for your response. Having looked at the price of gaming laptops and assessed my requirements, I am wondering whether a small pc system would better suit my needs (I have a new thread in the general hardware section for this). Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

That depends are you looking for something portable or will it be stationary? A pc will trump a laptop everytime and will be cheaper

Back
Top Bottom