The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
They probably shouldn't have added the option of drafting the NXT guys it kind of exposed the whole thing as being rigged really (I know we know it is!).

You get six picks from NXT youre going to go Balor, Joe, Shinsuke, Bayley, Asuka and probably Aries, in one fall swoop you've just ripped the heart out of NXT so that couldn't happen and so it didn't. Instead you're supposed to believe Steph and Shane would rather pick Mojo Rawley and Carmella instead!

Bayley and Shinsuke deserve proper debuts on their own so it's probably for the best. I'm guessing Shinsuke has an NXT title run in his future before a call up.

Soldato
Just seen some of the extra drafts. A few things.

Appollo Crews was far too low. They don't seem to be putting any effort in to him at all.
What a terrible way to split up The Wyatt family. This is the week they really killed them. First The New Day completely no sell the compound visit, basically a ring the same as ever the day after, then they just split them up with no story.
Mojo Rowley... Really?!

Last edited:
Soldato
New era on smackdown... Spotlight on Rhyno, Shelton Benjamin and Kane in the Battle Royal! Dolph Ziggler as no1 contender, a man who faced Dean Ambrose about 50 times this year!

It really highlighted how much smackdown was screwed in the draft. They only need a few more big names though. Cesaro and Sami Zayn and they would have been fine imo.

Also rumours of Kurt Angle coming back, but he is at the WCPW shows in October so I doubt he could do both.

Soldato
I think that the newer guys on Smackdown just need building up, it's interesting seeing people who were over to red hot on NXT fizzle out on the main shows.

The worst thing about last nights Smackdown though was the commentary, JBL and Otunga together was absolutely awful imo.

Soldato
Yup - The Saviour of Misbehaviour can be the heel colour guy forever for all I care! Can we clone him or something?

Solid choice by HHH and co. to offer him a commentating gig after he was forced to retire!

Soldato
Yes I'm very happy with Graves on commentary.

Before the draft I was pretty sure I would just watch Smackdown from now on, but it is very poor compared to RAW.

Soldato
Another great RAW.

Jericho was great throughout, and my personal highlight was probably Bob Backlund screaming at Titus O'Neil. I just find his whole demeanour hilarious!

The storytelling was top notch in every area too. They even managed to give Sheamus and Mark Henry something interesting that made sense... In fact there seemed to be good logic behind everything on the show. And even Randy Orton is interesting

Also, Sami Zayn. God he is consistently great in the ring. He could put on a five star match with anyone.

Back
Top Bottom