What are my rights? None delivery

Soldato
He says their latest new tracked delivery service is even worse. With that one they are allowed to leave the parcel anyway, front doorstep, under a rock etc and the system scans the gps and takes a picture and emails/messages it to the customer to say its been delivered.

He reckons loads of parcels will go missing with that system as people will come home and find the parcel isn't there.

Whoever you spoke to is talking out their ass. The driver is responsible for the package, leaving it in an unsafe location would leave them culpable if it got stolen. So no RM aren't going to do that.

And as far as RM is concerned, they deliver to addresses not people. Hence why it's perfectly acceptable for a special delivery item to be signed for by someone other than the intended recipient so long as it's at the address in question.

Caporegime
OP
Whoever you spoke to is talking out their ass. The driver is responsible for the package, leaving it in an unsafe location would leave them culpable if it got stolen. So no RM aren't going to do that.

And as far as RM is concerned, they deliver to addresses not people. Hence why it's perfectly acceptable for a special delivery item to be signed for by someone other than the intended recipient so long as it's at the address in question.

Well can only go on what the guy said. He says its their next thing. Like you said they are only have to deliver to an address, not a person.

GPS tracking and a text saying where its left is sufficient I guess?

Soldato
I am assuming OP has been in touch with etailer / PayPal to ensure the company gets paid back for the goods now then?

Associate
Associate
Well can only go on what the guy said. He says its their next thing. Like you said they are only have to deliver to an address, not a person.

GPS tracking and a text saying where its left is sufficient I guess?

if it has a name and not delivered to that person, why should that person accept a loss.

Caporegime
OP
I am assuming OP has been in touch with etailer / PayPal to ensure the company gets paid back for the goods now then?

For the second delivery? That has been sent with no mention or contact from the etailer? Paypal have closed the case now so not sure how I would open it it up again and send payment? A second direct payment to the etailer would be best but they may request the money anyway so I dont want to end up paying twice!

And another thing again this parcel doesnt have my name on and perhaps could be for any of the 128+ people working on this site? Inside the outer box there is no shipping documents or invoice to say who it is for. It is purely because the items inside match what I ordered that i "think" its mine.

For now I have left the inner items unopened and will wait a few days and see if they email me.

Never had such **** customer service.

Caporegime
OP
Moral of the story: don't get stuff sent to work on a weekend.

It should never have come on a weekend. Ordered on a Wednesday morning and the site said all ordered before 2pm would be shipped by RM special delivery that day so I was expecting it Thursday.

The cheap skanks didnt dispatch until Thursday and then used RM 48 hour tracked instead.

If they had used the advertised dispatch method then everything would have been alright :p

Wouldnt have been so bad if they had sent me a disptach email with a tracking number as I could have seen that it was going to be delivered saturday and ask for it to be moved to Monday. But again they didnt send me the tracking details.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wouldnt have been so bad if they had sent me a disptach email with a tracking number as I could have seen that it was going to be delivered saturday and ask for it to be moved to Monday. But again they didnt send me the tracking details.

Wouldn't have made any difference you can't alter the delivery date with RM, only request a redelivery date after a failed delivery.

Back
Top Bottom