The Russians are coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There are no "good guys" and "bad guys" between the West and Russia, just two groups of people trying to do what is best for themselves and going about it in different ways.

Does anyone really believe that a Russian bomber pilot wakes up and says "yes, today I get to kill dozens of innocent children in Aleppo, awesome"? Of course they don't, just like no US pilot does the same before they kill civilians too.

War is crap for the people caught in the middle, always was and always will be.

Good post, agree 100%.

Man of Honour
have you noticed that NATO is actually expanding and not Russia?

Also, what is the role of NATO, its mission was to deter the Warsaw Pact, which is done 25 years now

How do you mean expanding? Russia is doing a fair amount of its own even if not to the extent of NATO both in territory, its influence in other countries and alliances not to mention its rebuilding of military capabilities.

Soldato
How do you mean expanding? Russia is doing a fair amount of its own even if not to the extent of NATO both in territory, its influence in other countries and alliances not to mention its rebuilding of military capabilities.

i mean by expanding in the east

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/History_of_NATO_enlargement.svg

since the end of the cold war NATO has adopted a dozen of countries most of which former belonging to the Warsaw Pact. You need to understand that superpowers have their sphere of influence, interrupting those causes problems. Also what is your problem with Russia rebuilding its armed forces, they are a sovereign state and have every right to do so, just like NATO does.

Soldato
Completely off topic :)

Lol. Fact.

I joke but actually, they've had a fair few incidents only averted by the sheer heroism and sacrifice of individuals.

We've had our own incidents, one such almost our own Chernobyl ;) Incidentally in history there's only been 3 disasters that were worse.
US incidents are far more plenty ;)

I think its well founded the fear of nuclear fuel. (I'm not against it btw just cautious)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My post wasn't about whether I have a problem with it or not just saying Russia isn't without some military and other geopolitical expansion of its own.

Soldato
Just to clarify, whos decision is it to send these troops and weaponry into Estonia. Is it the PM/cabinet, the military, or do the UN, NATO, Estonia request support?

Soldato
Nothing is certian in war, in the pacific during WW2 the japanese had an advantage over the americans in midway, but not only lost, but lost without barely touching the americans.

Carriers are mighty useful even if they are rust buckets.

Last edited:
Caporegime
have you noticed that NATO is actually expanding and not Russia?

Russia expanded fairly recently, using military force and invading a neighbouring country. They're currently bombing civilians indiscriminately in order to secure the future of a regime that, though actively carrying out mass murder, is friendly to them and allows them to maintain their only Mediterranean base.

NATO expansion has happened voluntarily though democratic nations choosing to join NATO. No invasions required....

Soldato
They're currently bombing civilians indiscriminately

If a Pilot is told "this building has bad people in it - blow it up" that's what he'll do, so who is to blame? Is it the Russian pilot or the Syrian intelligence officer providing the targeting details or the "operative" on the ground who passes on the intel about the building his "spies" have found out etc.

War is never as black and white as you are presenting it, just a dirty shade of grey and, unfortunately, red.

Caporegime
eh?

I've not once mentioned the pilots nor have I presented war as 'black and white'. I am however being critical of the current bombing campaign being carried out by Russia.

are you unaware of the indiscriminate bombing that has been going on recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom