Recommend me a nice, lite Torrent client

tnx

tnx

Associate
I just use an old version of uTorrent. 2.1 I think. Feel sure I have 1.6 on disc in my collection.

2.1 works a treat.

Soldato
I use utorrent 3.4.9.

You can removed all ads and bloatware, it reduced memory footprint from 60MB I remembered last time I used years ago until I found a guide with settings to remove all ads and bloatware saw memory footprint went down to 13.9MB.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/disable-utorrent-advertisements/

I been tried many other torrent clients qbittorrent, deluge, vuze, bittorrent, bitcomet and bittornado, nothing came close to beat utorrent anti-throttling feature. I had no problem with utorrent downloaded 4GB file in 30 mins at maximum speed while upload speed capped to 10KB/s after tweaked settings included bandwidth tab changed maximum numbers of connected peers per torrent from 50 to 250. I am on Virgin Media 150Mbit broadband.

There are no torrent client that beat utorrent at fastest downloading speed.

Soldato
what happened with utorrent?

Bittorent bought them and started bloating it up with ads. While you can disable them I was a bit fed up of how heavy it was getting so looked for another client. I tried Deluge and while it was nice I didn't really feel comfortable with it. qBittorent felt more old utorrent like for me.

RaV

RaV

Associate
Just to mention something different. Ive been using Tixati for maybe the last two years and its a really solid client.

Soldato
I had no problem with utorrent downloaded 4GB file in 30 mins at maximum speed while upload speed capped to 10KB/s after tweaked settings included bandwidth tab changed maximum numbers of connected peers per torrent from 50 to 250. I am on Virgin Media 150Mbit broadband.

Is that 10 KBps upload a typo or are you shamelessly leeching?

There are many good reasons for keeping the number of connections fairly low (like 50), for one it helps to maintain a smaller number of fast peers which is better for you and the swarm.

Back
Top Bottom