Sealing around PVC water drain pipe

Soldato
While investigating what I thought was a water leak a few days back I realised I could see daylight around a PVC pipe from inside the utility room and the leak was actually the external tap dripping onto the PVC pipe which I could hear from inside the cupboard in the utility room because the pipe hasn't been sealed around it and of course the pipe comes from the utility room.

The house is a recent build with white rendered walls. The pipe goes out through the utility room wall horizontally before dropping down to the drain outside the house and the pipe is a drain waste pipe for the washing machine, the sink and the boiler.
Someone has mentioned using expandable foam but we're only talking about a 1-2mm gap around probably a 1.5inch diameter pipe? Is that okay to use or would something else be better? I'll be sealing it from outside the house.

Soldato
OP
Ct1 or exterior sealant.

A picture would help ?

Al

Tried to post an image last night but failed to remember the pwd :). Not a great picture a it was taken for another purpose but white pipe (obviously :) ). Thanks for recommendations all.

pipe.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom