Just bought an OPPO HA-2 ok for HD 650?

Caporegime
OP
Yes, though you might not have a huge amount of headroom.

Nice ESS Sabre DAC in there too, so I guess you're no longer using a sound card.

Not a fan of to much Volume....As long as there is enough to allow the 650 to breathe

Mainly for my ipad\iphone 6 for chilling on the sofa...using Tidal and onkyo thngy I know nothing about!

But if its better than a xonar DX and fiio e9 then Its portable so I can move it for games and music on my pc I hope ?:)

Soldato
it should take power from your PC (USB2.0) and then act as both DAC and amp for your headphones. When connected to your iPad / iPhone then it will take power from it's battery. You're still going to need some converter to get digital audio out from your idevices and into your Oppo DAC.

Soldato
Well neither the iPad nor iPhone have USB and the only digital inputs on the Oppo are USB A and USB Micro -B, I would say some kind of adaptor or converter is necessary. As it happens, Oppo seem to have thought of that and include a lightning to USB cable in the box.

Soldato
will do mate :)

Was just looking around and I see you got a good deal for it too - congrats :D

I might have to bite the bullet and go for it at full price :/ Also looking at the Sony PHA-2 and other dacs.

BTW It's been a while since I looked at the HA-2 but the last time I was reading up on it, it seems that the HA-2 is designed more for iOS as opposed to the android - not sure how much of this is still true

Caporegime
OP
Was just looking around and I see you got a good deal for it too - congrats :D

I might have to bite the bullet and go for it at full price :/ Also looking at the Sony PHA-2 and other dacs.

BTW It's been a while since I looked at the HA-2 but the last time I was reading up on it, it seems that the HA-2 is designed more for iOS as opposed to the android - not sure how much of this is still true

Stalker!!!!!!! :eek::D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D:D

Worth a punt I thought!

Soldato
hehehehh well I only went there to see how much I could sell my e18, jaw dropped when I saw you bag yourself a bargain.

Yeah I think it'll be great - considering all the good reviews. Looking at the specs which specify 230mw into 32Ohms that should be sufficient power also.

Caporegime
OP
hehehehh well I only went there to see how much I could sell my e18, jaw dropped when I saw you bag yourself a bargain.

Yeah I think it'll be great - considering all the good reviews. Looking at the specs which specify 230mw into 32Ohms that should be sufficient power also.

The 650 a good match in your opinion? price been fluctuating on rain forest so not bought them yet...

Associate
I have ups and downs with the X2. I found I had to amp match to try fight the upper peaks and I managed to do that to an extent but there's this unnatural graininess to the sound that really bothered me.

I don't think there's much of a comparison the 650 is smoother across the FR and is also much higher in resolution.

Caporegime
OP
I have ups and downs with the X2. I found I had to amp match to try fight the upper peaks and I managed to do that to an extent but there's this unnatural graininess to the sound that really bothered me.

I don't think there's much of a comparison the 650 is smoother across the FR and is also much higher in resolution.

Cheers for the info

I sold the HD 598 to fund the upgrade and in the meantime I have been using my old Goldring NS1000 into my xonar and E9 over the last couple of days.

Although the sound is more woolly not as clear, the bass when playing Tombraider was far more exciting than the 598

I'm not regretting selling the 598 at all...

Not connected with the subject matter of this thread but hey! :p

Soldato
Nice one Easy.... what's the power handling like ?

HA-2 is rated at 220mW into 32 Ohms which is really around the average for such devices. E18 does 300mW which is way over the top for my needs.

Having had a look around I'm changing my view and think I'm going to go for a sidegrade with an X3 as I like the idea of having a DAP for the gym instead trying to have a full rig with me on the treadmill :o

DAP quality and embedded amps seem to have really improved over the years and they can be used as a USB dac so worth a punt.

Back
Top Bottom