*** Sony Xperia Z3 Compact ***

Soldato
Update rolled out on O2 now. Phone seems smoother and faster, but that may be placebo. I'll see how the battery lasts.

Almost 2 years with this phone now, and still can't imagine anything on the market right now that would tempt me to switch!

Soldato
Got my update yesterday. Few neat changes, multitasking is now much, much better too as apps won't close in the background after being unused for mere minutes any more.

Soldato
I'd probably keep mine and drop down to a SIM-only plan if it wasn't for one thing - this is the most unreliable phone I've ever owned. It's off to Sony for the fifth time on Thursday. Warranty end in a month or so. So next time, it's new phone time.

Might go for something big. The Note 7 looks good on paper. Shame it's got Samsung's trademark fugly design.

Soldato
Are these still decent?

I spotted an orange one, unlocked, in good condition, on eBay, so I jumped on it for the price. I've been using a Xiaomi Redmi 3 for the past 6 months or so but I'd like something smaller. Previously had an iPhone 5 since that was launched.

Associate
Still happy with mine about 15 months on. Don't get two days battery life anymore but easily a day so can't complain. The z3 won't be getting android n (only just got m), if you care about things like that.

Soldato
Battery is slowly dying a death on mine (barely lasting 16 hours if I'm actually using it), but got a few months until upgrade due unfortunately. Anyone got any tips or is it just put up and shut up? Not sure what to upgrade to next time around though, all new phones are ginormous thoughc ompared to this.

Soldato
Battery is slowly dying a death on mine (barely lasting 16 hours if I'm actually using it), but got a few months until upgrade due unfortunately. Anyone got any tips or is it just put up and shut up? Not sure what to upgrade to next time around though, all new phones are ginormous thoughc ompared to this.

Depends if you wanna stay android or not. The iPhone SE is about the same size. Great spec for the screen size too.

If you wanna stay android then you could consider something Chinese ?

They have a fair amount of smaller sized phones with mediocre specs.

Soldato
Depends if you wanna stay android or not. The iPhone SE is about the same size. Great spec for the screen size too.

If you wanna stay android then you could consider something Chinese ?

They have a fair amount of smaller sized phones with mediocre specs.

Will stay Android, and tbh I'll go up a size to get a more premium phone if nothing exists, the Z3C has been great but definitely struggles with more resource heavy work. Will see what is about nearer the time.

Back
Top Bottom