Ideal Vogue 26Kw Combi Boiler

Associate
Hi all

Had a quote for a new boiler replacement, the guy recommended an Ideal Vogue 26Kw Combi Boiler with a Salus RT500 Programmable Room Thermostat.

Are these quality parts? His quote seems a bit cheap.

I live in a three bed terraced house, four people, 2 adults & 2 child, combi boiler need to supply hot water and heating, is 26Kw enough?

Thanks for any reply.

Soldato
I wouldn't trust an ideal boiler yet, too much bad history, and the logics are throwing up a few problems too! Shame really as years ago they made solid boilers.
Also 26kW is going to be a bit pitiful on the hot water, look at 30kw at least.
Salus controls are on the cheap side, they do the job, but Honeywell are usually more user friendly.

I'd get another quote using more quality components, which normally goes hand in hand with a better quality installer ;)

Mick

Soldato
WB, strong brand and excellent support, but not the best performance/reliability, they would be superb if they moved away from alloy heat exchangers and plastic hydraulics.
Drayton controls are good, but some people find them fiddly to use.

Mick

Soldato
I've had a Logic + for 18months now and can't fault it. Our fitter swears by the new Ideal stuff and will always fit them now over anything else unless requested not to.

He's a good friend so I trust his opinion :)

Soldato
koolkai

CDi uses Worcesters latest compact heat exchanger design, control system, redesigned hydraulics.. etc.. and the 28Cdi delivers better DHW performance than the 25Si.

NoNameNoNumber

I'd flippin well expect no faults from ANY boiler after 18 months. The biggest issue Ideal have to overcome is how poor their previous models have been at long term reliability.. Only time will tell, but of our customers that own Logics, most have had us out for repair work :( How representative this is of the overall picture..Who knows.

From what I understand, Logics have a 7year warranty, (if registered etc. like most of the other major manufacturers), so even if they do fail, its just a call to the manufacturer.

Mick

Caporegime
Having lived in a house with a Potterton Suprima 50L, any other boiler looks like the peak of reliability.

Associate
I've got a valiant 28 pro boiler, can't fault it so far. Worcester boilers are also decent enough, the thing with boilers is that you get what you pay for.

Soldato
I think the majority of people here would recommend either Worcester Bosch or Vaillant.

I had a Worcester 38CDi combi installed a few years back and got the offer of extending the standard 7yr to an 8yr warranty simply by having a Worcester Bosch boiler filter fitted.

It's been great and never given me a moments bother.

Soldato
Had an Ideal boiler in my last place and it was fine for the 2 years I lived there, was new when I moved in. I know one of the neighbours had an issue with theirs which was annoying as it kept humming every 30 or so seconds (I heard it in flat above).
If I were buying a new boiler now I'd be have a good look at Valiant.
If looking at a Worcester compact I would look at the 30 Si (or equivalent), nothing less. The 30 denotes the kW. Note that the recommended use for the boiler is a 2 bed flat or small house with one bathroom.
I have a 30Si in my house (4 bed) and it's just about fine but according to my gas installer it will struggle if I were to run two hot water taps at the same time (I'm single so not an issue) and also the internal expansion vessel is only really designed for 6-8 radiators so over time it might start to struggle as it ages.
I have drayton room stats, one on each floor, and work really well.

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a Baxi duotec 28 kw fitted together with a magna clean.
Fitter recommended this as they are very reliable, with extended warranty and he has had no call backs to them.
This was for a 3 bed terrace and he recommended 28 kw.
Cheers
Dave

Associate
Check out the reviews for the vogue its supposed to be very good and comes with a 7 year warranty as far as i can remember. We have a logic+ and only prob we have had was a diverter valve and ideal came out same day to fix it and has been fine since.

Soldato
I've got a valiant 28 pro boiler, can't fault it so far. Worcester boilers are also decent enough, the thing with boilers is that you get what you pay for.

So many people( inc hundreds of gas fitters - my son works at suppliers) read this as Valiant when it actually Vaillant :p

Back
Top Bottom