** NVIDIA SALE: GTX 980Ti FROM £349, 980 FROM £269 & 970 FROM £188.99 WITH FREE DELIVERY!! **

Associate
Argh....

Would a 980ti be a decent upgrade over my 290?

I replaced my cooked 290x with the MSI 980ti Gaming because I got fed up of waiting for the 1080 I wanted to become available... in fact just checked and the one I was looking at is still OOS. It has been a massive leap in performance for me, especially in The Division.

Soldato
Total side grade but I swapped my MSI 980Ti for an EVGA Hybrid 980Ti. Same performance, just 33° cooler (52° max instead of 85° with MSI) in Witcher 3. Worst case scenario really, as that game destroys GPUs. Quieter too of course as MSI fans go crazy at that temp. CPU temps down too as well.

Not tried any overclocking yet on the EVGA. Came with the new shroud design which is nice.

My quest for quieter PC is stalled now really as I am stuck with rather poor PWM control on my MSI Mobo.

If I can sell my MSI for around £300 then I'll be happy. £250 I'll be happy ish :).

Soldato
Total side grade but I swapped my MSI 980Ti for an EVGA Hybrid 980Ti. Same performance, just 33° cooler (52° max instead of 85° with MSI) in Witcher 3. Worst case scenario really, as that game destroys GPUs. Quieter too of course as MSI fans go crazy at that temp. CPU temps down too as well.

Not tried any overclocking yet on the EVGA. Came with the new shroud design which is nice.

My quest for quieter PC is stalled now really as I am stuck with rather poor PWM control on my MSI Mobo.

If I can sell my MSI for around £300 then I'll be happy. £250 I'll be happy ish :).

;) ;) ;)

Soldato
Anybody anybody?

Sods law, I'm ready for an upgrade so have been sorting finances this week. Check back to see and its not available.

Do they usually restock quite quick? Is it likely this offer will still be on by the end of the week?

Associate
The 980ti MSI are very quiet, I run both of mine on 100 percent fan speed and they are hardly noticeable.The strix will be quiet too, not sure about the others but I wouldn't choose any apart from those 2 or maybe the Evga one. I just always avoid the reference cards with the coolers being loud and crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom